Precious Alfie

New series of thomas the tank engine....

Hello Everyone! Hope you are well...

Has anyone seen the new series of thomas on channel 5???

It has COMPLETELY changed! They now have animated faces that move when they talk, and animated bodies for other characters. Alfie hates it and i am just wondering why they have changed it???

Alfie used to love the simplicity of expression and now if i put a new episode on he asks "wheres thomas"? Why have they done this???

anyone else got any views?

Lots of love to you all x x

>:D<<'>

Hi my daughter wont watch it anymore either, she used to be obsessed with it, she still is with all the toys and dvds she has but she wont watch the new version at all coz she says he is different and she obviously doesnt like it like that or she would watch it.

Unfortunately CGI is the thing of tomorrow got to keepup with progress obviously with kieran being older he is used to the old thomas the tank engine episodes and the thing he complians about most is the stupid singing and the stupid little activitys but ive tried to tell him that they have made it more learning that way but he s not impressed i hasten to add it doesnt stop him watching it in fact he has preorderd the new one due out with pierce brosnan narrating and anyone who thought thomas was for kids never! kieran is 22 and he loves it he s got all the dvds and books

...................the new one due out with pierce brosnan narrating...................

:o Aarrgghh, wha's that you say??!! You can't have Thomas without Ringo, it's just not natural!! :o

~ Mel ~

they should have never sold Thomas to America, Jk Rowling kept Harry Potter British. my P watches the old ones on Nick jnr at nearly 9 Thomas is still a favourite, along with Bob tghe Builder. I think its a shame to change the faces like you discribed because the simple experssions on the original have been found to be very benefical with autism.

I agree, it is shameful its come to this. Everything is CGI edited these days, and while it has done a lot of good to some entertainment, part of the original Thomas the Tank Engine's charm is that its based on a model rail layout and looks very realistic, the animated edition is no longer as good in that respect :( I don't like the theme tune either!

I love the original 1980s and 1990s episodes!

Edited by CEJesson

:o Aarrgghh, wha's that you say??!! You can't have Thomas without Ringo, it's just not natural!! :o

~ Mel ~

Yep sorry it is so kieran is awaiting its imminent arrival any day first week in october i think it is i ll let you know what its like i hope he is a better narrator in thomas than he was singer in Mamm Mia...dont get me started on that could be a totally new thread thereAnyone else seen it lol