Sign in to follow this  
lbj

Hi

My little boy who turned three in June has speech delay and is to be formally assessed for an ASD in November. He's lovely and bright and well-behaved but (delightfully) odd and as I've said, not much of a talker (or a pointer, or a greeter - things which I've learned are significant!). I'm very pleased to say that we've just about cracked potty training before he starts nursery. I do worry about him fitting in (it's mainstream) and also about the level of one on one support he'll be allocated because he's likely to just drift off on his own if he's not chivvied along a bit. It's nice to be here amongst people who understand these sort of concerns and who can give us support if any problems do arise (fingers crossed that they don't)

Hello forum!

lbj :thumbs:

hi and welcome

my litttle boy is being dx at moment he was 6 2wks ago and been in mainstream since 3yrs old, he has fitted in fine but has limited freinds but the ta are fab with him. i hope it all gos well for your little one when he starts, good luck

theresa x

Hello, lbj and welcome :thumbs:

I have a 5 year old boy who was dx with high-functioning autism last year. Both nursery and school have been fantastic with him - I hope you find the same.

I love your phrase 'delightfully odd' :lol: - sums it up brilliantly

Nicky :)