Karen A

New Aspie mum........

Hi all.

I have news for those of you who have been with us for the last two years and those who have not.

Ben has a Diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome.

Ben is pleased.

We are not sure how to feel.After all my time here one would think it would not be a shock....and I would not be going through the rollercoaster of emotions....but I am. :tearful::o:rolleyes:

CAHMS who see Ben and ourselves weekly were very surprised at the 3di outcome.Ben has actually made far more progress than one would expect.I am told this is in part to the hard work we have put in.

I think I should say a big thankyou to all of the people here who have supported us on the journey....you know who you are. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Karen.

Karen

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It must be partly a relief to get this firm news at last, but take care of yourself. Good to hear that Ben is positive about it!

K x

>:D<<'> I know what you mean, it must still be a reliefe and now you know what is going on, Ben Has Aspergers Syndrome, which is going to express and explain a lot more than Social and communication disorder. so pleased for you, I know how difficult it must of been all those years finding out the final result.

Good luck to your futures now you know what it is Ben has.

JsMum

Well done and congrats, if thats the right thing to say!! Im pleased for you that you have some answers at least now, I am waiting for a decision later this month but I dont think its going to go my way,

You will have to have a few glasses of wine tonight to sit and take it all in, well done again x

Karen >:D<<'>

Try to switch off from it all for a while... by that I mean take some days out and just 'be'. It's been a long struggle to get this answer and you're probably exhausted.

Flora

I am convinced I should be doing something this morning but have no idea what it is. :unsure::)

Try chocolate :eat: Glad you've got some definite answers now and I hope this is the beginning of a more settled time. :)

I'm glad you've got some answers at last. It's good that Ben is pleased, because that makes it easier on you. Hope you get chance to relax and process it all now. Some wine might help! :wine:

I'm glad you've got some answers at last. It's good that Ben is pleased, because that makes it easier on you. Hope you get chance to relax and process it all now. Some wine might help! :wine:

It does help.Unfortunately the wine box that I purchased on Saturday appears to be rather light. :whistle::whistle:>:D<<'> Karen.

It does help.Unfortunately the wine box that I purchased on Saturday appears to be rather light. :whistle::whistle:>:D<<'> Karen.

Maybe someone drank it when you wasn't looking, through holes in the bottom of the box :lol:

Sorry missed this yesterday with all the drama going on here, I`m glad for you! if you hadnt have got a diagnosis it would have left you in limbo. take care. Enid

Even when expected, it still comes as a shock as the implications kick in.

Take care.

On the positive side you now have a 'reason' for Ben's behaviour and hopefully will be able to access ASD related support.