Sign in to follow this  
Bailey

Another new one

Hi all,

I've been with my husband who has Aspergers for 10 years now. Mostly it is great - he is very lucky to have a job where he can exploit his obsessions and make them work for him, we have learnt it is easier to keep all his clean clothes in one huge draw and all the dirties in huge basket so he can tell the difference, he is actually a very friendly guy so any lack of social awareness seems to make him more confident - I'm very shy and always hung up on what people might be thinking about me so he balances that out. I don't mind that he can remember all the names of the characters in Dr Who but forgets valentines day.

However now and then there are times when I'd love to be able to ask for some advice. How to make X situation a little easier, how to communicate Y. We often get stuck on 'how do you *know* when a joke is inappropriate?'

I have my own mental health issues which, with the mood swings and impulsiveness, mean sometimes I break his plans or structures =)

So yeah, I guess I will be doing a lot of reading in the first instance but wanted to say hello first instead of being a perpetual lurker.

B

Edited by Bailey

Hi Bailey,

Welcome to the forum :)

Have a look at the Beyond Adolescence section, where people have discussed similar issues before, and feel free to ask questions of your own.

K x

Hi Bailey

Welcome! >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> I'm another 'married to an AS man' and would be happy to share any ideas (and frustrations!) whenever.

Kind regards

Billabong