Sign in to follow this  
Flora

First annual statement review

Went to Bill's school today for his first annual review. Nothing was changed on his statement, because while it's over a year since the original statement was issued it was amended beyond recognition at the tribunal hearing just in February :)

Lots of positives about Bill's progress. Apparently he's very popular on the resi side with a very close circle of friends who all share the same passion for Sonic and Mario :lol: He's very funny, with a very dry and sophisticated sense of humour which came out in all his reports from the teachers. He's already started on foundation level maths in year 9 which he is coping with very well, which means he should be able to handle the higher level GCSE when the time comes :thumbs:

The connexions adviser was there and she was great. She raised the question of funding for 6th form, which sent my stress levels up a bit. However, thanks to that it's now minuted how vitally important it is that he has as much consistency and continuity as possible prior to moving on to higher ed, which everyone agrees he is capable of.

All in all a very successful review meeting. I was so happy that on the way home I stopped off in Newbury for some retail therapy :D... I almost bought one of those kilts that are so much in fashion but decided I might be too old :o However, I'm seriously considering going back to get one anyway to celebrate the fact that I've now gone down another dress size :dance:

Flora :D

Fantastic news Flora, especially after the wobbly start at the new school. So glad to hear he's settled in.

Well done to Bill - and his mum. :):thumbs: How different from your posts a few months ago!

Get that kilt - you deserve it! :D

K x

Wow that's brilliant, well done Bill and well done school.

As for you, ya never too old, go and buy that kilt and be a "yummy mummy"

Clare x x x

thanks guys :thumbs:

I went today and bought a plain black kilt instead of tartan. There really isn't anyway I could carry it off with the tartan one, especially considering that the one I nearly bought was almost identical to my dd's school skirt :shame::lol:

Flo' :)

thanks guys :thumbs:

I went today and bought a plain black kilt instead of tartan. There really isn't anyway I could carry it off with the tartan one, especially considering that the one I nearly bought was almost identical to my dd's school skirt :shame::lol:

Flo' :)

Dangerous territory, those tartan skirts... Gok Kwan got a fat lip for suggesting Kerry Catona try one on... He said 'Bring me the TARTAN skirt', NOT......

I had a similar misunderstanding with 'Ginger' the girl who runs our local cafe when I said I'd like to try her Rooibos tea ;)

And yet another opportunity for that old chestnut:

'Is anything worn under the kilt?'

'Nay, it's all in perfect working order'...... (how many times ids that now?)

Congrats on Bill's report, BTW - just shows what you knew all along and the other school failed miserably to realise. Well done, Bill :thumbs::thumbs:

Dangerous territory, those tartan skirts... Gok Kwan got a fat lip for suggesting Kerry Catona try one on... He said 'Bring me the TARTAN skirt', NOT......

I had a similar misunderstanding with 'Ginger' the girl who runs our local cafe when I said I'd like to try her Rooibos tea ;)

It's no good, I have to ask, can you explain those jokes to me because I don't get either of them :lol:

Flo' :D

Fantastic news Flora!!! :thumbs: I am so glad Bill is having such a good time. He jolly well deserves to. :D

Fingers crossed that I will be reporting some good news next month or the month after. :rolleyes:

xxx

It's no good, I have to ask, can you explain those jokes to me because I don't get either of them :lol:

Flo' :D

1) Tartan skirt - Tart and Skirt

2) The joke, I think, is in the English translation of Rooibos

If I'm wrong I'm sure BD will correct me :D

K x

Fantastic news Flora!!! :thumbs: I am so glad Bill is having such a good time. He jolly well deserves to. :D

Fingers crossed that I will be reporting some good news next month or the month after. :rolleyes:

xxx

Thanks stardust, I really hope that in a few months you can come on here and type something similar :pray: , and equally :pray: that you'll have great news within the next 2 months :pray:

Flo' XX

Thats wonderful news, :thumbs: its must be such a reliefe to know that things are going really well, pleased that its working out.

JsMum