Sign in to follow this  
thebuzzer

Yipeeeee!!!!!!

Hi Everyone

Just had some good news (to make a change). DS's Headteacher just rang me to say she has been told the LA ARE going to do a statutory assessment after all. We didn't even present our new evidence. The Ed Psych who came to see DS last week and his boss decided to represent to the panel and it was agreed. The LA are going to let SENDIST know that they are doing the Stat Assessment. I am so pleased.

I do realise this is the first of many hurdles and that they may say he doesn't need to be statemented (yeah right!) or if he is given a statement it could be c**p! But I will cross those bridges when I get to them.

Thanks for all the advice etc I have been given, no doubt I will be asking for more!

Take care

Clare

Great news, hope the rest of it goes smoothly.

Clare x x x

Thanks Clare - I don't like to be a pessimist, but I am sure it won't be easy. My LA are pretty notorius - as most of them are - for getting out of it if they can.

We will see!

Brilliant!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

BUT - wait till you have it in black and white from the LA. You'll get written confirmation from Sendist as well. You don't need to withdraw your appeal. Sorry to be so cynical, but I don't trust any of em! :rolleyes:

K x

I'm with you Kathryn. Don't trust them further than I can throw them! :lol: Definitely get it confirmed by SENDIST in writing no matter what anyone else tells you. By anyone, I mean the LEA. ;)

gr8 news

well done

I dont trust the LEA either so do ensure you do get it in writing too.

I wonder why we dont trust LEAs here????

JsMum

:thumbs: