NickyB

I used to love half-term

I used to really look forward to half term, and the chance to relax and forget about DS2's problems at school.

This time, though, I've spent most of my time dealing with him and DS1 fighting. I've had to physically seperate them this morning and put them in seperate rooms :wallbash:

DS1 (NT) is constantly in his face, winding him up. He knows exactly which buttons to press to get a reaction, and seems to take great deilight in it. It's particularly bad today because DS1 has a friend here and I'm sure he's showing off.

I'm sure some of it is because DS2 (HFA) gets a fair bit of my attention, but I've talked to DS1 so many times about it and I really don't think he loses out - we make a point of doing lots of things just with him.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a rant - I feel much better now :thumbs:

I know how you feel. With H and his brother I get the '[normal' boyish behaviour of horse play, fighting, tearing around like mad things and so on, with the addition of H really losing control when he feels some injustice has occurred. Well, it's back to work and a bit of peace next week.

erm brothers and sisters do fight and quarrel, its there way of bonding and making a relationship with each other yes they delibrately wind each other finding a weak spot to exploit and driving you nuts too i expect,if they are bored ,can you make them tidy up the mess they make, are there any chores you can get them to do?something to focus on,like dusting and picking up the toys, etc. channel their energy a bit, maybe the garden needs tidying can you get them out to get fresh air?

What kind of behaviours would you like from your boys.

Discuss this together and ask them if they had rules in there house would they be.

Get a visual chart of behaviours you would like to see, like sharing, been kind to each other, supporting one another, that kind of thing.

Ask whats good about having a brother, and what is not so nice, about having a brother,

What would they like from their brother, to be kinder, share more, not to tease that kind of thing and throw the holdiays for any positive brotherly bonding they get stickers, maybe if they get 25 stickers they get a reward.

Get key words on the wall what having a brother means, and anything positive they do say about each other put it on a display.

J doesnt have brothers but when his friends are here, im often mediator and referee, I make a point of commenting and praising any positive behaviours, and will share with them personally that I am very proud of their behaviour towards Jay.

Get them doing activites like baking or making something, and try and enphasise on supporting each other.

Have they got a visual routine to the daily tasks, even in the holiday we ensure a slower and more relaxed routine is followed.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

My as son has just gone bollistick ranting screaming and banging around....hes 14 and currently stands at 6ft 1 and weighs 11 stone.im powerless against him.

The reason for this kick of his sisters boyfreind is here hes 16 and has adhd amongst other things and he wants to spend time with me daughter his girlfreind .but me son wants him to play on the xbox with him.....and now its all gone ape S**t.

Roll on monday.

Edited by Paula

My as son has just gone bollistick ranting screaming and banging around....hes 14 and currently stands at 6ft 1 and weighs 11 stone.im powerless against him.

The reason for this kick of his sisters boyfreind is here hes 16 and has adhd amongst other things and he wants to spend time with me daughter his girlfreind .but me son wants him to play on the xbox with him.....and now its all gone ape S**t.

Roll on monday.

Paula >:D<<'>

Thanks for the tips, people. I realise sibling arguments are completely normal, and they're great most of the time - It was just that it's been constant for the last 3 days, no matter what I do, and I needed to have a little rant!!

Nicky >:D<<'>

>:D<<'>

Same in this house I'm affraid. Not with Boy this time though (he's being good) but the twins. They are 6 and there is a real power struggle going on at the moment so if they aren';t arguing with each other they are giving me verbal, dirty looks and generally acting like stroppy teenagers partly copied from DS and partly from school.

A few days ago a tv arrived for their room which they clubbed together their birthday money and money box money to buy for themselves so that their room was to become a kind of sanctuary they to go to to get away from DS. I removed the extention cable for the tv and thier cd player from their room today and told them they weren't getting it back till they could act civily towards me. They were horrified and extrememly upset (to say the least) as theyve only had it 4 days but nothing is working on them, looks like they want to learn the hard way! :lol:

Do you remember He-Man's favourite phrase "I HAVE THE POWER!" It feels good right now :lol: They forget that I have lived through much much worse with DS so they will never beat me.

I can absolutely sympathise!

My 2 are 8 and 5 and have spent the entire holiday arguing and winding each other up. Ds#2 loves winding up ds#1 and ds#1 loves to say constantly how much better his life was before ds#2 was born.

It may be normal but it's exhausting and I think you're entitled to a rant! My half term has been horrible too!

I cant say that I have ever liked half-term, holidays or Weekend, I don't get a moments rest, I work from home and have his chartering down my ear from first thing in the morning to last thing at night, I end up unable to think or concentrate on anything. If I hear "DADDY" one more time.