bid

Credit Crunch Top Tips!!

I'm feeling very pleased with self 'cos today I successfully dyed my old winter coat which is on it's third winter and was looking a tad shabby! :thumbs:

I used the dye you put into the washing machine, and a slightly darker shade of the original colour (chocolate brown). Plus, my coat was a cotton 'parka'...don't think it works on anything nylon.

Quick brush-up of the fur round the hood and it looks fabby! :D If I have the time (ha!) I maight sew a design of sequins and beads on the back :o:wub::bounce:

Total price for 'new' coat = �5 :D

What are your Credit Crunch Top Tips??

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

Oooh, oooh, more Top Tips!

In the summer I bought two really pretty mugs for �1 each in a sale (sort of Emma Bridgehouse spotty). I'm going to fill them with different flavour hot chocklitt sachets and that's my SILs' Christmas pressies sorted (we only do little pressies for adults).

AND, my brothers are going to get a jar of homemade pickled onions with a nice piece of cheese each! :D

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

turn off your heating and wear your 'new' jacket in the house!

Aah - now I feel guilty cos I've just bought a new winter jacket today and it was a bit more than �5. :oops:

BUT..

I am wearing it in the house with the heating off. :lol: And I do a lot of clothes shopping in charity shops - don't buy many new things. :rolleyes:

K x

i also buy alot of stuff from charity shops kathryn xxxx

i also buy all my daughters dolls clothes from charity shops as there baby clothes r only 50p each and dolls clothes for her baby wud cost me 10 pound plus each she has a whols chester drawers full of stuff for her baby lol

donnaxxxx

I'm having a lot of sleepless night.

I was worried about the banks running out of money so I took mine all out.

Then they said the pound was loosing its value so I got it all in 50 pence pieces.

That don't alf make my bed lumpy, all those 50p under the mattress.

My local supermarket closes at 2000 so I go there about 1930 most evenings to buy all the cheap goods which then get frozen. I quite regularly pick up packets of "finest" sausages for 10p each which is pretty good considering they are normally about �3. I am lucky in that i have two big freezers to store the food in so its a viable proposition for me. Ive even got fillet steaks for 25p before!!! I regular freeze bread at 25p a loaf too for the premium brands.

Well, I'm following Martin Lewis's advice, & dividing all my assets into separate �50,000s in different banks, then I'm covered when they go under. :whistle::lol:

Well, I'm following Martin Lewis's advice, & dividing all my assets into separate �50,000s in different banks, then I'm covered when they go under. :whistle::lol:

Are there enough different banks to actually do this, or will you end up having to bury a few million in the garden, hide some behind the radiator etc.? :devil: