sonj186

senco issues

hi all, i have a 6 year old son who is on the spectrum, we went through the statementing process last year and he was awarded 7.5 hours 1 to 1 a week, my problem is the school senco before he got his statement we had a fortnightly meeting to discuss his progress etc, now since he got his statement i have only had 1 meeting with her which was in april! i have asked for additional meetings but have been told that the meetings are now to be once a year!!!! and if i have any problems i have to speak to cams teacher! now i have been in umpteen times to speak to her and nothing usefull comes from these meetings! i have spoken to the head teacher but unfortunatly for us he is in a relationship with the senco so nothing gets done! i just feel that now they have the statement they are not that interested in our opinions any more they dont even consult us about his iep now they just send us a copy, we have no input at all! any advice would be gratefully recvieved.

sonj x

I think you need to put your concerns in writing to the head, ASK the school for a copy of their complaints procedure and follow it.

Are you unhappy that your child isnt recieving the support detailed in his statement?

I think you need to put your concerns in writing to the head, ASK the school for a copy of their complaints procedure and follow it.

Are you unhappy that your child isnt recieving the support detailed in his statement?

i have been concerned that he wasnt getting his 1 to 1 time as he has said that his ta takes them as a group, when i spoke to school about this they said that as part of his iep he has to learn to work within a group! and that was why they took a group!

I think you need to look at the exact wording of his statement, does it say 1 to 1 or is it vague?