Sign in to follow this  
Enid

BIG MEETING

Well, 2 and a half hours meeting, everyone turned up, I managed not to cry! ALL agreed he needs a residential placement. BUT lady from CSET (county special ed team) said they would look at schools in this area first, I said I would not be accepting them, both EBD mon to fri, and only to 16, So outcome of meetin is all paperwork to be in by 3rd of Dec by whiich time I will visit boths schools, my choise WILL be turned dowm so then the fight begins, in the meantime, like Loulou` posts they were trying to suggest foster care, there is not a foster carer inn the world who could cope with him when he is "off on one" so dont see how that could help, so advice is now welcome, choice phrases to use, what not to say etc etc, I will look over some old posts when (WHEN!) I have the time. So a good ish meeting. Enid

Hi Enid, glad the meeting went ok and that you were listened too and that all professionals turned up. It's also good that everyone is agreeing he needs a specilaist school placement. Keep with it, you will get there. >:D<<'>

Enid, that sounds like a step in the right direction and you're sounding like you are in control! You have the knowledge and experiences to use and some support behind you.

Keep us posted!!!

Stella xx