Sign in to follow this  
dooday24

camhs

i got a phonecall from the top person of our camhs team today...

i have a meeting with him friday.. really want to do this as i know its the only way forward but am very nervous now

(i wrote a complaint in about reeces care or shud i say lack of it!!!)

if anybody has any advice on complaint procedures with camhs or who hav been through it. any advice will b greatfully received......

please wish me luck im goin to need it

thanku all

love donnaxxxxxxx

i got a phonecall from the top person of our camhs team today...

i have a meeting with him friday.. really want to do this as i know its the only way forward but am very nervous now

(i wrote a complaint in about reeces care or shud i say lack of it!!!)

if anybody has any advice on complaint procedures with camhs or who hav been through it. any advice will b greatfully received......

please wish me luck im goin to need it

thanku all

love donnaxxxxxxx

Hi.There should be a PAL [patient advice and liason service ]in your area that covers CAMHS and supports those who have complaints about services.They used to be the community health council.You could try asking them for some support or somone to attend the meeting.I would think CAMHS should also have a complaints procedure too so you could ask for a copy.Karen.

Good luck hun hope it goes well...no advice to give but lots of positive thoughts flying your way. >:D<<'>

Maybe they are listening to you at last, like Karen says if you can get a hold of the compliants procedure that wou;ld give you a guide. Basically I would be inclined to ensure I had a clear agenda of points/issues I wish to raise together with details of meeting etc., where they have not turned up, no reports and things promised not delivered.

You are bound to feel scared, but don't let it get the better of you, take your OH or your Mum or a friends and don't be fobbed off.

Good luck

Clare x x x x

Good Luck, dont let them scare you! I asked for a second opion as my CAHMS were hopless, I was referred to a different authority, the difference was incredible, they were friendly approcable, could contact them easily, but most of all they gave a firm diagnosis in a very short space of time, so dont be scared of asking for a second opinion. :thumbs:

Enid

thanku enid thats exactly wat we r doin asking for a second opinon and that we need the assessments redone as that was 5 months ago............

sure she thought id just go away well shes messing with the wrong person this time and hopefully it will make her more aware in the future of the stress she has caused

love donnaxxxx

Good Luck, dont let them scare you! I asked for a second opion as my CAHMS were hopless, I was referred to a different authority, the difference was incredible, they were friendly approcable, could contact them easily, but most of all they gave a firm diagnosis in a very short space of time, so dont be scared of asking for a second opinion.

Enid we also asked for a second opinion and I could not believe how different the team in another authority were. We also got a diagnosis in a very short space of time.

Cat

i am so stressed about 2moz and very emotional. just sit and keep crying......

whys everything such a fight??????

im not taking any c**p 2moz

they will hear it how it is

went to drs today she is gonna look in2 wether she can sent me to somebody privatly!! if i neeed it and is appalled at the treatment we r having!!!!!

also is gonna seeif she can refer him to another hospital..........

love donnaxxxxx

ive done it been to the complaints meeting was there for 3hrs.....

they were very nice and have aranged for reece to b seen by a psychiatrist on the 27th of this month who is trained in asd.........

also r goin to get the e.p to do some work with reece at scool and get him more help........

im seeing the women i put the complaint in about on tues to discuss the report and if i want to accept anty of it...........

YES THE REPORT WAS AT THE MEETING TODAY HOW WEIRED IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i hav to get permission to look at all reeces medical notes they r goin to put me in touch with someone who deals with this............

and they have to get all the information sorted from my complaint and too there boss by the 27th and i will get there report 2 weeks after that.........

SO ITS GOOD TO COMPLAIN ............. I WUD DEFFINETLY DO IT AGAIN BUT SOONER LOL..............

SO IF U R NOT HAPPY WITH THE CARE U OR YR CHILD IS RECEIVING COMPLAIN.............. WISH ID DONE IT AGES AGO NOW..........

love donnaxxxxxxx

Edited by dooday24

Well Done....if you stand your ground they will eventually take you seriously.

Hope you finally get some answers now ! as for the report well looks like someone got a kick up the bottom to get it done.

Well done and take it easy this weekend.

Clare x x x

well done glad things went well for you

meant to reply to this earlier, really really well done, its soo daunting taking something like this on and attending endless meetings, like you say why do we alsways have to fight for EVERYTHING!! our lifes are difficult enough without it. BUT WELL DONE YOU. :thumbs::thumbs: ENID

wish me luck got to go and see the woman from camhs im getting really stressed now!!!!

also got scool meeting 2moz so gonna b busy

love donnaxxxxx

wish me luck got to go and see the woman from camhs im getting really stressed now!!!!

also got scool meeting 2moz so gonna b busy

love donnaxxxxx

Donna, I've only just seen this thread. Well done for standing up for what Reece needs :thumbs:

Hope things went OK today

>:D<<'>

thanku nickyb it all went well we r goin for a statement and scool hav upped his hrs 1-1 from 5 to 10 a week so happy

still hav to edit report gonna do it next week as didnt hav time 2day

love donnaxxxx

well done :)

Good a very positive step forward, just remember to keep tabs on them to ensure these things actually happen.

Well done

Clare x x x