Sign in to follow this  
Cariad

Sorry to go on about it

Apparently after all the incidents were taken the seriously in T's school at all the violence towards him the school was threatened with a section 47 under the children's act. The LEA then approved a 1-1 for T straight away, but even with the 1-1 it's still happening :wallbash: , there was the chair incident a few days back, then another pupil calling him names and shouting in his ear to "wind him up". My personal best is whilst T was changing for school today a large purple bruise was on his upper left arm. I asked what happened he said one of the children had kicked him (the 1-1 was present), he cried as he was hurt and an ice pack was applied and a glass of water was given to him.

Now the thing is that the support worker phoned yesterday to say T had broken a mouse and a keyboard and was winding everyone up all day, no mention of the kicking incident.. I'd like to know if the breaking of the mouse is a "tick" which he does here as he is so disturbed and begs not to go to school as he hates it there. T's ticks so far are whacking the mouse on the PC desk and saying he can't help it and apologising and now hitting the keyboard with his fist and saying sorry straight away. He isn't angry when he does it, also spitting and he tries to put his hand over his moth when he does this.

I honestly think the ticks are a result of the bullying going on in this school. We are due to have a meeting next week with the school and the LEA are going to be present along with our SW. I just hope I can move him to this ASD special school and they will say yes. In his statement the first thing they say is for T to be in a special school for ASD and complex needs which is this other school.. I'm so drained.. Thanks for getting this far but I just have to get all of this out as I feel my head in going to explode.

I'm sorry I think this is horrid you need to go to the the school ask for the accident book and a copy of the incident report read it fully (don't let them say they will post it it should be there) if you think it was deliberate and the child involved was over 8 then you need to go to the police and tell them your son was asaulted and you wish to press charges against the child. If your child was walking down the street and asaulted you would call the police schools are not outside the law asault is asault.

You also need to put a complaint in if needs be about the person offering one to one are they trained and if so what in, I would also ask for a copy of the school complaints procedure and put in every thing from allowing bullying (ask for a copy of their policy) failing to ensure your childs safety also complain you were not notified of a assault on your son, any incident physical or emotional should be communicated to the parents to ensure they are looking out for symptoms.

Has a full risk assesment been done, if not ask why not there should be one as it sounds like he is at risk and they are falling to help him.

So sorry to hear about this Cariad. :tearful: How seriously do you feel the school are taking the bullying? I know my lad went through hell at his unit for the best part of a year, non-stop intimidation by another child there, shouting in his ear, running up behind him and making him jump so he was continually on edge and lookig over his shoulder and couldn't concentrate whenever this boy was around for fear of what he would do next, he lived in constant fear. Nobody took it seriously, he was told he was 'over-reacting', he should 'just ignore it' and even that HE should be 'more tolerant'. He was a nervous wreck, having panic attacks, wetting the bed, etc. It was only when a new teacher started at the unit that she began to take the situation seriously and he felt that someone was FINALLY on his side and would protect him rather than turning round and pretending they hadn't seen. I'm still FURIOUS about what happened to my lad and I'm furious about it happening to yours now too. I'm so sorry, I don't have any answers for you. I tried fighting them continually and complaining and nothing was EVER done and in the end they turned it round on me and made me into the baddy, don't let them do this to you, but don't let them get away with it either. :tearful:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sorry to sound abrupt - but why is he still going into that school????

I would pull out my child. :(

Smiley, it isn't always that easy. :(

~ Mel ~

We are having a meeting next week as I do want him out of there. We did keep him off for a few days after he was beaten up in the back of the taxi by one of the boys. I'm hoping something will be resolved soon as we are on their backs constantly and there is almost an incident a day going on with T.

cariad,,i have a meeting tday with the complaints committee at school,,,i reported the head cos she had me ova there to tell me that boyo had said he was headutted and then told them that he was punched????? they are more concerned that he told a fib??? even though he was assaulted via a punch to the head!!! it took 3 adults to question him and they said he was confused????? intimidation at it worst i think,,,,no other parents get called to meetings if their 6 yr old has told a fib???? i am going to prove that this is only because blaine has a claim in for negligence for his bump,,cos now they are trying to monitor what he is saying??????????? horrible people and nasty,,,,,,,,,,

cariad,,i have a meeting tday with the complaints committee at school,,,i reported the head cos she had me ova there to tell me that boyo had said he was headutted and then told them that he was punched????? they are more concerned that he told a fib??? even though he was assaulted via a punch to the head!!! it took 3 adults to question him and they said he was confused????? intimidation at it worst i think,,,,no other parents get called to meetings if their 6 yr old has told a fib???? i am going to prove that this is only because blaine has a claim in for negligence for his bump,,cos now they are trying to monitor what he is saying??????????? horrible people and nasty,,,,,,,,,,

I get the same thing jo, they even said to me on the phone if he was making it up in his head!! Yeah the same head he was kicked in with the lump on :blink:

Stick to your guns and get to the bottom of it, I don't know if this is the case all of the time but I find ASD children find it hard to lie..

well i went,,i said,,i conquered ha ha,,,,,i really did get my point across,,,,the head didnt know where to look as i was reeling off loads stuff??? i quoted his salt report which they obviously hadnt read?? that blaine does not understand consequence and so on,,,,she wasnt happy,but that is it now,,all done an i am glad that i have made other parents aware that this type of subtle bullying is unacceptable whether kids have told fibs or not, i also found out there were 3 adults questioning him that day in the office so i aint suprised he was confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i went,,i said,,i conquered ha ha,,,,,i really did get my point across,,,,the head didnt know where to look as i was reeling off loads stuff??? i quoted his salt report which they obviously hadnt read?? that blaine does not understand consequence and so on,,,,she wasnt happy,but that is it now,,all done an i am glad that i have made other parents aware that this type of subtle bullying is unacceptable whether kids have told fibs or not, i also found out there were 3 adults questioning him that day in the office so i aint suprised he was confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you jo, hopefully they will see that we as parents can't be patted on the head and told it's being dealt with when it isn't!