Sign in to follow this  
hev

steve got a statement

i do not want to sound negative to all the people who are awaiting statements as everyone is not the same but steve got a statement a year ago and he might as well not have one for all the good its done him,i know LEAs are all different but my one is awful,hes still not in a school,hes been out for 10 months now,the LEA dont return my calls they are always in a meeting when i call so i really dont understand what difference a statement makes,are a lot of LEAS like this or have i just been unlucky?ive got my MP involved now and hes got 3 hours tuition a week and ive got another appt with him at end of april so hopefully things will get better,i find it all so frustrating,i thought when steve got a statement it would be like a magic wand and we would get the help he needs with schooling but it hasent happened. i know ive got to keep fighting and most of us have been through this but ive got to have a moan as its got to me today.

Just wanted to send you >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'm going through the same as you. Alex has a statement, been out of school since November, LEA as much use as a chocolate teapot. I've also involved our MP. It gets to me as well.

Annie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>