Sign in to follow this  
TheNeil

The Chocolate of Choice

After yet another rivetting morning at work (I've given up coding and gone to work in a shipyard) I have been faced with another one of those questions that will keep me awake if it doesn't get answered. As it's a Wednesday, what sort of chocolate should I buy when I go shopping (Heroes is on at 9:00)?

I've narrowed the choices down to 'non-bar' and 'chocolate' but the choice is simply too difficult to make.

The ever faithful chocolate coins/footballs have lost their sparkle (I think all of the unwrapping business gets in the way of the main event :wallbash:). Peanut M&Ms are always welcome but I'm aware of peanut allergies (don't actually suffer from them but I'm aware of them)(I'm not really fancying nuts at the moment). Smarties? I won't even look at them since they stopped putting letters on the lid :shame:. Revels are a maybe but there's the ever present problem of coffee :sick:. Maltesers are good but generally lack 'substance' (what with them being mainly air). Minstrels are too annoying...

You can hopefully see why I'm stressing :unsure:

Is there a Hotel Chocolat in Harrogate? It's posh (sadly a bit pricey) but it's not just a style based rip-off, it's really very very very good...

:thumbs:

janine

You can hopefully see why I'm stressing :unsure:

Well you've really put my problems into perspective. I can't imagine how awful all this must be for you. Really I can't - it's bloomin' chocolate - buy an assortment (I hear they even come in assorted packs) and just eat whatever, or nothing, it really isn't going to make a blind bit of difference to you or to anyone else. :tearful:

mmmmmmmm

I would go for Green and Blacks Almond, a large box of maltesers and six walnut whips! Yum Yum!

Yes I can really eat my way through that lot. Of course it would have to be washed down with a good bottle of vino.

I have been known to do cheese wine and chocolate. :wine: Can't find an emoticom for cheese or chocolate so I choose this one :eat:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i know thorntons have got their christmas selection half price at the mo, they all look very very yummy! ive got 2 boxes in my spare room and have to stop myself from eating them almost every night! or you could try lindt truffley things in a red box i once ate 2 boxes in one sitting! :oops:

sonj :groupwave:

What ever I can get my hands on in the evening :lol: Though I had a strange craving for a Topic bar last night and I'm not sure they even make those any more? :unsure:

A x

11. To prevent any possible Libel or defamation claim being made against the forum or individual members it is important that members should refrain from using brand names in their posts.

:shame: :shame: Anyone would think that the OP didn't like rules, engaging in and encouraging such blatant rule-breaking when he is clearly aware of the existence of said rules.

Hi

Been keeping me awake too! Got a wisdom tooth out last week and have ended up with a 'dry socket'/exposed bone that's now infected. So as you can imagine I'm feeling pretty rough. Hey ho, have lost half a stone though! Hubby and son rubbed 'salt in the wound' by getting themselves an indian take-away the other night. A week on, pain is easing and I too am thinking about food constantly/chocolate being one of things on my list.

How about:

Revels

Fruit 'n nut

Caramel

Caramac

Munchies (mmmmmmnnnn - love those!)

mini/snack size variety packs?

Caroline.

I have just rediscovered the delights of walnut whips. Sadly they no longer put a walnut in the bottom only on the top. Still delicious.

the brand of chocolate who have the coffee one... dont have coffee in at the moment. it got voted off and its been replaced by some strange pink flavour

Hmmm strange. I bought a pack of these at the weekend and the coffee one was definitely there :shame:

In a way though, it was kind of reassuring :rolleyes:

Edited by TheNeil

must have been old stock. the new packs have pink writing on saying theres a new flavour. during the summer they held a poll to 'evict' a flavour... but its only temporary - i like the coffee ones, the new pink one is gross. i already have to suffer everything else having strawberry in it... ever tried getting fromage frais without strawberry flavour in the multipack?

must have been old stock. the new packs have pink writing on saying theres a new flavour. during the summer they held a poll to 'evict' a flavour... but its only temporary - i like the coffee ones, the new pink one is gross. i already have to suffer everything else having strawberry in it... ever tried getting fromage frais without strawberry flavour in the multipack?

We are some what backwards in the north :lol: ...and of course this gives me an excuse to buy some more (for 'research purposes' only of course :whistle:)