Sign in to follow this  
sesley

Wall E out on DVD

The reason ,its got no real human dialog and expressions, its all CGI so there is no confusion and frustration with spoken language and body languare/expression, its robots that act out a simple social story with simple language from Robots and simple human language and totally enthralling. Just the thing for a high functioning short concentration ASD 9 year old. :wub:

Went to see it a couple of weeks ago. DS sat through the entire thing, the first time he's ever done that :clap:

We are going to see it again at Maidstone on the 14th at one of their autism-friendly screenings. I've got the details if anyone's interested - please pm me if you'd like more info.

Nicky >:D<<'>

Sam thought he would love it based on the trailers he saw, he nagged me ceaselessly to take him......so I took him to the cinema

He started screaming after the first few minutes and could not stop, then began yelling NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in terrified hysterics. Then he could not go to sleep for over a week until exhaustion finally laid him out.

The poor kid has a scientific bent and went OTT because he could believe we would make such a mess of the planet and no amount of its just animation and all made a jot of difference. I must have one of the few kids who have made me promise NOT to buy the DVD ever. :(

He is getting KungFu Panda at Christmas instead.

My 5yr-old has become obsessed with this even though he hasn't actually seen the film yet. :rolleyes:

We've bought him the DVD for Christmas so I'm just hoping it lives up to his expectations. :pray:

hi

it scared the living daylights out of my ds

he said it was far to noisey

going to see madagascar 2 this weekend he loves no 1 of this film so hopefuly will love no 2

theresa x

Jay would have loved this a few years ago, bit old for it now though. :lol: We're really looking forward to the new Star Trek movie and hoping against hope that it won't be too different from the original the way that the Thunderbirds movie was, that was just sooooooooooo WRONG, the vehicles were totally different! We're especially hoping that all the Trek noises will be authentic. :whistle:

~ Mel ~

I am getting this for my daughter for XMAS. She loves the adverts. I hope it goes better than Barbie Diamond Castle did. She saw the advert and asked for the toys for XMAS and then cried and screamed all through the film while the Barbie's sang their hearts out very loudly on the TV! NIGHTMARE!! I should've known better, ug barbie!!

i showed him a tv and dvd to play it on and everyday since his birthday, he has been playing it and today he has had 2 showings of the film today :rolleyes::lol: he is hooked, but he does play the dvd and is now asking questions like, what does negative mean? and about energy levels dropping and about Wall E and Eve being friends :wub: so he is using it i think now to understand some social intereaction.