Sign in to follow this  
bluefish

Christmas tree.. oh christmas tree

Hi,

for the first time ds showed a slight interest in us having a tree, so, worried he might change his mind I rushed out and spent a fortune on the biggest one I could find! 8ft! it was delivered today and I had told ds it would be ready to decorate after school... It didn't fit in the house! what was I thinking? so armed with a hacksaw I set about cutting the top off, no mean feat I can tell you. I managed to drag the thing in, now the task of getting it into its stand, the clock is ticking as ds was due home in less than an hour and would be expecting the tree ready and waiting with the house back in order... trunk too thick to fit stand! at this point I I thought I might have a meltdown myself lol, so muttering and swearing to myself I put the

hacksaw back in action, my word was it a thankless task! eventually got it in and in position... put the lights on.... and it fell over on top of me! if someone was with me it would have been funny as it was 5ft woman under large tree I could not find the funny side! the lights were now all tangled and needles everywhere! I, instead of being calm started to kick the tree ha ha ha then called my mother to help! (I am 38 lol)

The tree fell down a further 3 times even with her help and eventually we gave in and got the trusty hacksaw out agin to make the truck fit the stand properly! with 5 mins before I had to get ds it was finally up with lights on! It was like "challenge anika" for those of us that remember that programme? I kept saying "Time check please?"

It is up and ds was....quite pleased with it!

Now a few hours later I realise just how funny it was and I must have looked under that tree

just wanted to share something funny for a change rather than my usual pleas for help and advice!

hi bluefish

i am so sorry to hear about your fight with the big tree,but i have just had to go for wee wee due to you making me laugh so much, i can just see you stuck under the darn thing and kicking it, i should hope your ds loves it after all that pain you had to go through, but thanku for making me laugh tonite i know u shoulden laugh at other peoples misfortunes but you told the story so well >:D<<'>

takecare

theresa xx

ps i hope you r not picking needles out of yourself for to long :lol: