bid

This is so awful.

My mum has come to stay for Christmas.

She's physically disabled with a degenerative condition, broke her hip (again) in the summer, and has other medical problems too...and she'll be 80 next year.

Stair lift has been fitted in our house, and DH spent today fitting handles in loo and bathroom.

Anyway, she's so frail, and then earlier on this evening she had problems breathing, which thankfully she got over (I couldn't get either of my brothers on the phone or the SIL who is a GP).

She doesn't feel hot, but her cheeks are a very high colour, and I know she feels dreadful. I've got her into bed, and I'm going to sleep next door so I can hear her in the night.

This is just so awful...DH doesn't think she'll be here for next Christmas, and I'm so worried as she's just so frail and tiny now, and so obviously unwell but I'm not sure what to do :(

Sorry to share on Christmas Eve, but this is not a happy house tonight and I'm sitting here in tears :(:tearful:

Boho :tearful:

Edited by bid

It does,nt matter if its christmas eve if you need to share your worries.My mum has been a carer with the elderley for over 20 yrs and runs a nursing home.Please try not to worry the elderley can be tougher than they look.If your at all worried there s NHS direct , but I,m sure she,ll be fine.Just knowing your there will help her.,I think this time of year just makes us think more about stuff and your obviously thinking how frail she is now and worrying about her as she,s actually staying with you and it brings it all home.Just keep an eye on her breathing , but I,m sure she,ll be fine, hugs suzex

Bid >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Just logged on as all kids finally asleep. be honoured you have this time with your lovely Mum to nuture her and just to be with her, very very sad time for you all, especially at christmas, its my second without my dad and 3rd without Mum,I have done everything in my power to make it magical for the kids, just about to put the final touch, icing sugar (snow) footprints from the chimney to the pressies, but I always feel such sadness at this time of year, really miss them both. love to you and yours bid. Enid

Bid,

What ever the day, the time, the year......things like this are hard and heart breaking. Hope your Mother feels better in the morning.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Bid

Two years ago we spent Christmas with my mother for what was her last Christmas. She was very frail and, as it turned out, she only had about a month to live. It wasn't a normal Christmas but I wouldn't have missed it for anything and it meant a lot to her.

As you mother is so frail you would be quite within your rights to phone your GP's out of hours service ask for a Doctor to make a Home Visit and play merry hell if they don't offer to do so.

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Letting you know bid and enid Im thinking about you both today, Hope that the day turns into a nice day and remember were here what ever the occasion, like others have said were here to listen and support you the best we can.

Prayers and peace.

JsMum

Just found this bid >:D<<'>

Hope she is feeling better now, how did christmas day go in the end?

I looked at my little round mum on christmas day with a lump in my throat - back in the spring when her cancer was dx'd I'd have put money on her not being around now - but she was, & she had a lovely time. You just never know what the future has in store. >:D<<'>