hev

katies got chickenpox

had to pick her up from school today,im assuming they are chicken pox,whats the difference between chicken pox and measles?

chicken spots have a white dot in the middle, and they itch like hell, stock up on the calamine lotion and the calpol! Enid

By the time you know you have chickenpox you have already been contagious for a while so if you are going to give it to anyone you already have. Apart from the itching spots which turn to blisters and then scab over, most children don't really feel too ill, head ache and slight fever. But in a very few cases it can become more serious. Try to stop your child scratching, as this will make scarring worse.

Edited by chris54

Spotty Muldoon

Spotty Muldoon

She's got spots all over her face

Spotty Muldoon

Spotty Muldoon

She's got spots all over the place!

:thumbs:

Sorry, Katie. Couldn't resist. Hope they are all gone soon, and that mum's got lots of calomine lotion on hand until they are.

Ben has the cutest teeny tiny scar on the tip of his nose from a picked pock. He's never forgiven me (I thought it was ready to come off 'cos it was the very last one and it was DAYS after the rest had gone) :oops:

He'll thank me one day, when some young gal kisses him on the tip of his nose and says 'I love that little scar!' :)

GWS

BD :D

Edited by baddad

Poor Katie - but's better to get it over wiith while you're young. Hope she has a less itchy version of it and is better soon.

>:D<<'>

K x

Try to stop your child scratching, as this will make scarring worse.

Now am I saying that if you stop them scratching it will make the scarring worse?? Well I not but!!

When S had chickenpox, she lay like Camille on the sofa for a few days till she felt better.

Then, a coupla years later, we sold the sofa. Pulled it out from the wall, & found all her chicken pox scabs on the carpet :sick:

Doesnt say much about my housekeeping skills, does it? :lol:

Hope she's better soon hev, no idea how long they stay off, I'm far too old to remember.

the spots started to show yesterday,how long do i keep her off school for?

She can go back 5-7 days after the first blister appears. They all need to have burst and crusted before she can go back to school. Some schools have their own additional policies so it would be worth giving the school a ring to find out if her school does.

If she's itching, especially at night, put socks over her hands. To make it more fun she could make her own sock puppets to wear. :D

well ive stocked up on piriton syrup and calomine lotion just as the doctor ordered!!shes so happy in herself and shes very annoyed that shes not allowed back to school tomorrow!!