Sign in to follow this  
Special_talent123

Dustbin Baby

Who has seen a film about dustbin baby written by jacqueline wilson. I watched it, its about a girl who has aspergers syndrome and she found it hard to cope with change and as she didnt get the present she expected so she ran away to explore her past.

its good i cant stop watching that film it relates to me.

Hi,

Not seen the film - but remember my daughter reading the book a while ago and telling me it was sad. Don't recall her mentioning it had anything to do with Aspergers though.

Take care,

Jb

tried to research, not read book but going to loan it from my teenage neice. Cant find any mention of main character having autism/ aspergers, but apparently in the bbc production there is a girl playing a character called poppy (who has aspergers), and according to the info I read the actress actually has asperger syndrome herself and was v. good. I understand there is another thread on this forum somewhere.....

has inspired me to read the book - cant watch the bbc program on iplayer though its too long after it was on tv....

tried to research, not read book but going to loan it from my teenage neice. Cant find any mention of main character having autism/ aspergers, but apparently in the bbc production there is a girl playing a character called poppy (who has aspergers), and according to the info I read the actress actually has asperger syndrome herself and was v. good. I understand there is another thread on this forum somewhere.....

has inspired me to read the book - cant watch the bbc program on iplayer though its too long after it was on tv....

that is right and she is playing it. i would recommend u watch it. it relates to me in the change situation

I have not read the book but the TV adaptation that was shown before Christmas was quite possibly the best show I saw over the festive period, and one of the best of 2008.

I have not read the book but the TV adaptation that was shown before Christmas was quite possibly the best show I saw over the festive period, and one of the best of 2008.

yes its on dvd now. the person lizzy clarke character poppy who has aspergers in real life, actually places the girl with aspergers syndrome. i watched it about 5 times now.