Sign in to follow this  
tjw

have a date with camhs

hi

i have now received a date for george to see someone at camhs on monday 23rd wow i dont know how i feel about this now after all the time waiting to see someone, i feel very nervous and shaky all the time, i dont no what to expect, but have got all my notes together because i know i will just forget all when i go to see them, will keep you posted on how we get on.

thanks for reading my post

theresa xx

ps sorry mods if i have posted this in wrong section

Edited by tjw

hi

i have now received a date for george to see someone at camhs on monday 23rd wow i dont know how i feel about this now after all the time waiting to see someone, i feel very nervous and shaky all the time, i dont no what to expect, but have got all my notes together because i know i will just forget all when i go to see them, will keep you posted on how we get on.

thanks for reading my post

theresa xx

ps sorry mods if i have posted this in wrong section

Best of luck for Monday, theresa :thumbs:

hi

thanks nickyb and josie, i will let you no how it gos, i will be glad when the 1st one is out of way.

theresa

Take a photocopy of your notes, or write down your concerns in a formal dated letter and request that remains in his records, at least then you have passed on your concerns from day one and if for any reason you need to go back to this particular appointment you have the evidence and because you have raised your concerns it is enough to ensure he gets his needs met.

Good Luck.

>:D<<'> :thumbs:

JsMumxxx

Take a photocopy of your notes, or write down your concerns in a formal dated letter and request that remains in his records, at least then you have passed on your concerns from day one and if for any reason you need to go back to this particular appointment you have the evidence and because you have raised your concerns it is enough to ensure he gets his needs met.

Good Luck.

>:D<<'> :thumbs:

JsMumxxx

thanks jsmum, i will do that and ask them to put on file, i am glad i posted 2nite about this because its the things like that that need doing and i would not have thought about it, so thanks for your reply and advise.

theresa x

thanks jsmum, i will do that and ask them to put on file, i am glad i posted 2nite about this because its the things like that that need doing and i would not have thought about it, so thanks for your reply and advise.

theresa x

Hi i think the first one is the hardest i went not so long ago, i was on ffwd speed trying to get all the info in the lady kept telling me to slow down i was like sorry all the time. On the first visit they talk to you but they also watch your child at play, to see if they play or do any eye contact. Melissa did her worst when she went in totally ignored the lady, once eye contact and that was only to glare at her, she played but all of 2seconds a toy so basically ransacked the room which is what she does at home. The first visit was to see if i needed anymore visits and to see if i needed referring to anyone, which i am now going also on Monday 23rd for a 3rd appt, they have been quite quick as well 2 wks in between, i am also being referred to a parenting clinic to help with her behaviour, she isn't naughty she just is defiant. I said at the last appt that i think she is on the spectrum and she said but she is social and imaginative, i said yes she is a dog, tiger, dinosaur, horse, bird but she doesn't really play with toys, and yes she is social but she is ott, but then i found the pda and that is Melissa to a T. My appt is at 11am what time is yours? Good luck and take lots of notes i did, she kept them and is taking photo copies and giving me them back next time, she said she likes it then nothing is forgotten it doesn't matter if there are loads mine was like a mini booklet, and i still have more to go in, i just took the major stuff. Sharon x

Hi i think the first one is the hardest i went not so long ago, i was on ffwd speed trying to get all the info in the lady kept telling me to slow down i was like sorry all the time. On the first visit they talk to you but they also watch your child at play, to see if they play or do any eye contact. Melissa did her worst when she went in totally ignored the lady, once eye contact and that was only to glare at her, she played but all of 2seconds a toy so basically ransacked the room which is what she does at home. The first visit was to see if i needed anymore visits and to see if i needed referring to anyone, which i am now going also on Monday 23rd for a 3rd appt, they have been quite quick as well 2 wks in between, i am also being referred to a parenting clinic to help with her behaviour, she isn't naughty she just is defiant. I said at the last appt that i think she is on the spectrum and she said but she is social and imaginative, i said yes she is a dog, tiger, dinosaur, horse, bird but she doesn't really play with toys, and yes she is social but she is ott, but then i found the pda and that is Melissa to a T. My appt is at 11am what time is yours? Good luck and take lots of notes i did, she kept them and is taking photo copies and giving me them back next time, she said she likes it then nothing is forgotten it doesn't matter if there are loads mine was like a mini booklet, and i still have more to go in, i just took the major stuff. Sharon x

hi sharon

our app is 10 0clock, thanks for giving me a run down of what may happen, i have copyed my notes as jsmum said to do so got them ready also got school report that they wrote on behalve of george so will take that in as well, george is also defiant at mo and keeps lifting his hand up to slap me but seems to have second thoughts about it when he sees my face but the hols are never a good time, took him to a big pizza place today and he kicked off because his 4th peice of pizza had too much cheese on and, when he gos into one it is like he is not listening to me anymore and i have to just wait for the calm, came home and watched wwe for an hr that is the only thing he is in to, i hope all gos well on monday for you let me know how it gos.

theresa x

hi sharon

our app is 10 0clock, thanks for giving me a run down of what may happen, i have copyed my notes as jsmum said to do so got them ready also got school report that they wrote on behalve of george so will take that in as well, george is also defiant at mo and keeps lifting his hand up to slap me but seems to have second thoughts about it when he sees my face but the hols are never a good time, took him to a big pizza place today and he kicked off because his 4th peice of pizza had too much cheese on and, when he gos into one it is like he is not listening to me anymore and i have to just wait for the calm, came home and watched wwe for an hr that is the only thing he is in to, i hope all gos well on monday for you let me know how it gos.

theresa x

Hi how old is George? Where abouts in Yorkshire are you? I am in Leeds, Melissa is 6 and in yr2 she is struggling at school, she hasn't much concentration and especially when they are teaching when talking she is more interested in visual, and actually doing tasks she learns more that way, but as yet the school aren't that bothered, they think i am making a mountian out of a mole hill, She is on level 2 books but still struggles with some of them, definately struggles with level 3 she also doesn't write as yet she can copy but sometimes gets that wrong, but can't write a sentence, likes to write lists copied from all over or in her own language, also her maths is bad the teacher said she is better at maths but not to get my hopes up, but yet she is ok. She is getting more one to one though, so they are now realising she is struggling. I meant to say the second time i went to cahms me on my own so i could talk about Melissa in depth without her there, but it is good you are taking notes, who referred you? Do they know it is to do with Autism? Sharon x

hi sharon

george is 6 also, we live in rotherham yorkshire, when george first went to school in fondation his teacher asked me if we could refer him for assesment and put him on the speacil need reg due to him not learning ect also would only stick to certain things they gave him the sand and water area as his calm place due to him freaking out a lot, he did not mix with other kids, any loud or strange noise would also upset him, i knew from an early age that something was a bit different with him he didnt speak till he turned 3 yrs old and even in his high chair he would line up his food and eat it in a certain order now he is a complete nitemere with food will only eat dry food no sauce on any thing actually at the mo he is only eating burgers nothing else so he has to have vitamins, he got the star of the week the other week for writing to try and encourage him but he can still only write his name which is very baby like reading he is still on tricky words ie his her the ect but has very good memory so reads from that and the pictures, anyway going back to to school refering him we waited for about 8 mths then was told it would take another 2 yrs so i went to my dr and he got us refered faster hence monday,he has been a bit of a terror this week but we are going to the picture today to see bolt he has been twice now to pics so this is an improvment with noise levels for him, he seems to be accepting noise a lot better now, it seems to be just a certain level like in supermarkets refrigderation low hum noise hurts his ears. i only have george does mellisa have brothers or sisters.

theresa x

hi sharon

george is 6 also, we live in rotherham yorkshire, when george first went to school in fondation his teacher asked me if we could refer him for assesment and put him on the speacil need reg due to him not learning ect also would only stick to certain things they gave him the sand and water area as his calm place due to him freaking out a lot, he did not mix with other kids, any loud or strange noise would also upset him, i knew from an early age that something was a bit different with him he didnt speak till he turned 3 yrs old and even in his high chair he would line up his food and eat it in a certain order now he is a complete nitemere with food will only eat dry food no sauce on any thing actually at the mo he is only eating burgers nothing else so he has to have vitamins, he got the star of the week the other week for writing to try and encourage him but he can still only write his name which is very baby like reading he is still on tricky words ie his her the ect but has very good memory so reads from that and the pictures, anyway going back to to school refering him we waited for about 8 mths then was told it would take another 2 yrs so i went to my dr and he got us refered faster hence monday,he has been a bit of a terror this week but we are going to the picture today to see bolt he has been twice now to pics so this is an improvment with noise levels for him, he seems to be accepting noise a lot better now, it seems to be just a certain level like in supermarkets refrigderation low hum noise hurts his ears. i only have george does mellisa have brothers or sisters.

theresa x

Hi Theresa yes she has 1 older brother who is 17yrs old one older sister 13yrs old and then Melissa and then Zoe who is 2 on 2nd March, oh i just realised lapse of memory it isn't the 23rd it is the 2nd on Zoes birthday i go, my memory is terrible, :rolleyes: Melissa took a while to write her name took her until end of year one before getting it right, now she is starting to learn her surname, she just writes b and a few other letters. Melissa does line things up but she is more hyper she runs around like a lunatic, she jumps on furniture, bed whizzes around on all fours, she as been a dinosaur all morning proper does the movements to a t and the roars, the stoop the walk the lot she even carries a doll in her mouth, then stands on it, then our Zoe starts carrying on as she is hurting her doll. :whistle: Is George in yr 2 is he doing his sats this year? Can he count? Melissa can count up to about 40 now so she is getting better, she was bad with noises up until about 5 she seems to cope better now, she does have a lot of headaches and tummy aches though, more tummy aches. She also suffers from bad dreams, so it is hard work, Zoe as got a right temper on her, the tantrums she has she will bite, kick, push, pull etc, but then next min she is so loving like jekyl and hyde. Does George have any intolerances/allergies? Sharon x

Hi Theresa yes she has 1 older brother who is 17yrs old one older sister 13yrs old and then Melissa and then Zoe who is 2 on 2nd March, oh i just realised lapse of memory it isn't the 23rd it is the 2nd on Zoes birthday i go, my memory is terrible, :rolleyes: Melissa took a while to write her name took her until end of year one before getting it right, now she is starting to learn her surname, she just writes b and a few other letters. Melissa does line things up but she is more hyper she runs around like a lunatic, she jumps on furniture, bed whizzes around on all fours, she as been a dinosaur all morning proper does the movements to a t and the roars, the stoop the walk the lot she even carries a doll in her mouth, then stands on it, then our Zoe starts carrying on as she is hurting her doll. :whistle: Is George in yr 2 is he doing his sats this year? Can he count? Melissa can count up to about 40 now so she is getting better, she was bad with noises up until about 5 she seems to cope better now, she does have a lot of headaches and tummy aches though, more tummy aches. She also suffers from bad dreams, so it is hard work, Zoe as got a right temper on her, the tantrums she has she will bite, kick, push, pull etc, but then next min she is so loving like jekyl and hyde. Does George have any intolerances/allergies? Sharon x

Hi Theresa it is a good school as long as there is nothing wrong, Melissa only knew about 13 letters of the alphabet by year 1 she now knows them all but she gets some of them mixed up but she doesn't know the order she could only count to ten by year 1 so she is getting there just more slowly than others, they just keep saying she is one of the younger ones, she can do simple adds up to about 10 after that she gets confused, as she runs out of fingers, the Sats will let me know how she is doing, she is social though to an extent she does struggle in some situations though, she also is ott in people personal space, face etc, i know she is on the spectrum but it is wether other people understand. It is harder when it isn't so obvious, it is ok them saying she is social when they haven't watched her properly and see what i have seen, but again i am just a neurotic mum who knows nothing. :jester: Sharon x

hi sharon

sorry not been on for a couple of days, yes george can count but when it comes to the 30-40 ect he will say 2010 3010 cannot get his head round it to just say 30 or 40 also he will not say 15 or 17 at all his fav counting is counting backwards he loves that and can do it from 20 excluding 15 and 17, george is also jumping off furniture and beds he thinks hes a wrestler most of the time and counts you out when trying to make him stop, he can also be in peeps faces butting in constantly and if you just nod an answer he will turn they faces to him and make you say the words. i have had alot of hearing test done and they is no probs they just over sensitive, george not doing stats this yr because they keep him in a lower class this year due to him not being up to grade he is the oldest in his class but he gets on better with children younger than him he likes to take care off them bless him, i hope all gos well tommorrow for you and mellissa will post and let u no how it went for us.

take care

theresa x

Edited by tjw

Hope it all goes well today theresa >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Theresa hope it went well today? You will probably still be there now as they tend to be about an hour and half long.. Let us know how you went on. Sharon x ps i aren't going until 2nd March it is next week, it was the doctors this week for me i got mixed up :rolleyes: Sharon x >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

hi sharon and nicky

well it went realy well, they are looking into adha,asd,dysexia and dyspraxia wow it seems a lot, they have booked us another 3 app all in march, also we have got to have a school ed psch iq done asap lots of forms for school to fill in and just the one for us at present with about 110 questions on it, but the whole thing was realy quite relaxed and calm, george seemed to be ok flitting from one toy to another in the space of about 10 sec haha but at least she saw him as he is, i feel loads better now that the 1st app is done she is also going into his school to assess him there but i have warned her he will no who she is so she is going to see if one of her collegues will do this as it would distract him to much, he never forgets a face or anything for that matter lol

thanks for all your support so far with this i hope i can still come to you for advise and a moan sometimes and that works vis versa, advise i am not to confident giving i dont feel i have enoght experience for that but moans i am good with and chat.

thanks again

takecare

theresa xx

hi sharon and nicky

well it went realy well, they are looking into adha,asd,dysexia and dyspraxia wow it seems a lot, they have booked us another 3 app all in march, also we have got to have a school ed psch iq done asap lots of forms for school to fill in and just the one for us at present with about 110 questions on it, but the whole thing was realy quite relaxed and calm, george seemed to be ok flitting from one toy to another in the space of about 10 sec haha but at least she saw him as he is, i feel loads better now that the 1st app is done she is also going into his school to assess him there but i have warned her he will no who she is so she is going to see if one of her collegues will do this as it would distract him to much, he never forgets a face or anything for that matter lol

thanks for all your support so far with this i hope i can still come to you for advise and a moan sometimes and that works vis versa, advise i am not to confident giving i dont feel i have enoght experience for that but moans i am good with and chat.

thanks again

takecare

theresa xx

Hi Theresa i am glad it went well, at least they are looking into a few things, she didn't seem that bothered at first she was on about sending me on a parents class to help deal with her behaviour, but i think it is all connected. At least next week i can take a practice sats paper she has done and got 3/31 and even then she guessed them right to show how she is doing at school. She hasn't even said about dyslexia or anything but saying that she was a pshychologist, but she hasn't suggested nothing like watching her at school or getting anyone else involved i just give up all the professionals i get are a waste of space trying to put the blame on me A

hi sharon and nicky

thanks again

takecare

theresa xx

Hi Theresa sounds like you had a productive outcome for your first appt, all mine said after the second one was for me to go on a parenting course which of course isn't going to solve things if there is something else going on. It wasn't until i said she may be on the spectrum when she started taking me seriously, i said i have been doing research and i also have loads of paperwork from NAS with a lot of highlighted behaviours she is doing. She also did a practice english SATS paper she scored 3/31 which she guessed them answers as some were multiple choice, some were sentence answers and bless her she wrote something but was not readable or made sense the bit that you could read, typical sentence, yes do are do the only because she knows how to spell them, but she also writes things down from the text or from posters around the room. So maybe if i show her the SATS paper she may push for more assessment on her. Good for you for having a good appt, sometimes behavioural problems are a sign of learning disabilities, like what Melissa is doing so why they can't see that is beyond me. Will let you know how my third appt goes not holding out much hope as yet, i know it will all fall into place eventually but in between it is driving me insane as my younger one is also hard work, both are whirlwinds and Zoe the younger one as a temper an half, she bites, pushes, hits out, pulls hair, but sometimes with a face that doesn't have an expression. Sharon x

hi

had our second meeting this wk with cahms it went realy well, they did more with george this time telling him storys and getting him to answer them in his own words me and hubby just sat they and listened it was realy an eye opener, they said he answered the questions like a child would if they had asd and she thinks he has got traits of adha, she said that he is a realy well behaved boy haha we are just having a few problems with sch ed psch he says it is not his job to do an assesment so cahms are figting with them at mo, they had a big meet on wed and fetch this up so i should here more next wk on this, she says he will proberly have a dx within the next six wks which has supprised us a lot, that is if the consultants are available, so thats my news so far. hope all is going well for you sharon.

take care

theresa xx

hi

just an update on dx went to see consultant at cahms today and they have dx asd learning difficulties refered him for speech and also dyslexia they say we should have all the offical reports in two wks, thanks to all of you who have advised and made me laugh while waiting for this news.

takecare

theresa x