Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Early DLA Payment

I'm really confused now. I looked in my account and there was a DLA payment in there for �60. I wasn't expecting my DLA to go through for another week and I normally get �142 so I'm not sure what this �60 is about :wacko: What should I do?

I think we are getting some kind of bonus of �60, in addition to the normal payments. They should send a letter out, it would have been better to send it BEFORE they sent the money to stop people worrying.

I also have received �60 from DLA today.

Ah cool! That's ok then. The letter might have gone to the old flat as I hadn't got around to changing my address with them. :lol: Thanks Tally, I'll stop worrying now.

I found the reason for the �60!

For 2008, an additional tax-free payment of �60 will be paid automatically to those customers getting a qualifying benefit in the week commencing 22 December 2008. This will be paid between January 2009 and March 2009.

:clap:

I was wondering what that was all about - it always makes me worry when I get unexpected money from the government :wacko:

Thanks guys :thumbs:

hm its a bit like getting an extra payment from tax credits, you cant always be sure why so you dare not spend it in case they have made an error and have to pay it back

glad you found out why and hope you find a good use for it