edith simon

Cinema card for people with DLA

Cinema Exhibitors` Association Card

www.ceacard.co.uk

if you accompany a person with DLA you pay one and one /who accomponies/ go free.

Very useful card if you go to cinema.Even London IMAX accepts the card.

Go on this website and apply for your son or daughter or friend.

Hope it is useful.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Edith

They're also useful in other places, because they have the child's photo on and indicate they are disabled.

I've used my son's to gain free entry into bowling etc, and even on holiday last year for free admission/arm band to a theme park we went to - twice! Another big advantage, IMO is that when we do go to the flicks we can take one of his mates and it still only costs the same as if the two of us were going without the card. :thumbs:

Also, much easier (and less discomforting, IYKWIM) than carting DLA letters etc around with you.

L&P

BD

You can often take a 'carer' for free to lots of places other than the cinema. My mum got in free with me when we saw the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition recently. They didn't even ask for any proof that I am disabled, though I took my DLA letter in case they did.

National Trust and English Heritage sites offer the same, but do not advertise it.

Just thinking of sending off for one of these card's, did anyone put a SAE in with the aplication for the return of the proof

documents that you have to send, or did you just let them disposed of them?

Teresa

Just thinking of sending off for one of these card's, did anyone put a SAE in with the aplication for the return of the proof documents that you have to send, or did you just let them disposed of them?

I sent a photocopy of the documents so I didn't need them back.

I think its a great card but this year I have to renew it as they only valid for a Year now, were previously they were valid for three years.

JsMumxxx

Never heard of these cards....

Cinemas are soo dear but it is one place i can take the children that is safe and fun..

I am going to apply....

Does anyone know.... does the carer have to be adult?

I could have a card... but it would mean my carer would be a child which of course they are at times.

Does anyone know.... does the carer have to be adult?

I could have a card... but it would mean my carer would be a child which of course they are at times.

Yes, they have to be over 18 (I think - might be 16). The info you get with the card says that they have to be able to help out the person the card is issued to in an emergency situation. Interesting point you raise though, because of course there are child carers.

I have a question, as I'm going to use the card for the first time this weekend with my sister. We are both students and would normally get student rate tickets. Do I ask for a student ticket and free carer or do I have to get a normal adult ticket for myself (ha ha, normal, me... :lol:) and a free carer ticket for my sister? :unsure:

I suggest you ask for a student ticket and see what they say. Even if they make you pay full adult price, it should still work out cheaper than two student tickets anyway.

I suggest you ask for a student ticket and see what they say. Even if they make you pay full adult price, it should still work out cheaper than two student tickets anyway.

Thanks :thumbs: My sister has to buy the popcorn :eat1: - that'll probably work out more expensive than the actual tickets!!! I'd better start training her in ordering it correctly - half sweet, half salt, salt half must be on top!! :wacko:

That is interesting Mumble as my children do help me out physically whilst I help them out emotionally!

Couldn't find this on the webiste,

Maybe I will email them :)

From the terms and conditions (you can download them from the website) number 6:

The free ticket will be provided on the assumption that the person accompanying the cardholder is able to provide appropriate assistance. Illustrative examples of suchassistance might include the ability to assist the cardholder in an emergency evacuation of the cinema, accompany and/or assist the cardholder in using the cinema's washrooms and so on. For that reason the presumption will be that the person accompanying the cardholder should be aged 16 years or over. However the cinema operator reserves the right to make a judgement on the ability of any person to assist the cardholder during their visit to the cinema, and to refuse the provision of a free ticket where it deems it appropriate.