Sign in to follow this  
invent 10 things b4 breakfast

Confidentiality

My son's TA has been off sick for 4 weeks now and I haven't officially been told about it (even though I'd found out by accident), other than his teacher making comments about he's not had a good week :(

I rang the school this week to ask when she was coming back and to offer my assistance, as I am police checked, to come in to cover my son whilst she's off as he just has whoever is available. He has not been coping well with this set up so I rang the SENCO and pointed out that it would have been useful if they had informed me of the situation because I was the one having to manage the aftermath at home. I was told that they could not tell me she was off sick because of confidentiality :blink:

I did keep reiterating that I was not interested in the slightest what was "wrong" with her but would have appreciated being let know in the first place and some indication of how long they thought she would be off :angry:

No, she was sticking to the confidentiality line......... Is this right? Appreciate that you cannot always manage sickness, but what a line! knowing how we distrust these teachers at the best of times - sounded like a cover-up to me!

:P sounds a bit shady to me too!! all they had to say was she is not in, you don't need to know the why's and wherefores. what's confidential about saying she won't be in for a few days, and this is what we propose?!!

that's my twopennyworth for what it's worth but someone with 'proper' knowledge may be along to confirm hopefully ;)

Elaine

ps just asked dh who was a bit naughty but he says it is ###### too ;)

Sounds a bit odd to me too. They could've said that she would be off for a while but left out the reason why. School will only work if there is a proper partnership between the staff and the parents.

I'm not sure about the LSA supply base. Trouble is I don't think the school likes me to tell them how to do their job, it gets their back up and yuo then get even less support.

I will check about the LSA base, but the SENCO was insistant that she had it covered.

It was just the bit about confidentiality I was bamboozaled by! I can't wait for him to finish this year, hopefully he will have a teacher that is actually interested in learning about AS next year - as this one didn't!