Sign in to follow this  
call me jaded

Hannah Montana or

Well I have succumbed to pester-power and booked for the weekend. Having seen the uber-confident Ms Cyrus on Jonathan Ross at the weekend I'm thinking it's going to be half-a-banana. [For the literal-minded that means not very good.]

Anybody else got a five year-old absessed with 'rocking out the show'?

I was REALLY annoyed to see an ad for a 'Breeders Weekend' concert at butlins in Minehead only to find out they'd sold out of tickets. me and Ben grooving all w/e to Kim and Kelly Deal's fave choons would have been the bees and dogs.

ben would HATE half a banana!

Here's how i feel

i just want a girl as cool as kim deal

As cool as:

:D

i have no idea what either of you are talking about :wacko::blink:

does that mean i'm uncool or something? :unsure:

Like, totally...

Hannah Montana is an awful american tv/film thingy, and the only real reason i know that is because the 'star' of the film (I can't think of her name but her dad sang 'achey breaky heart' and somehow she manages to be even more annoying) was on Jonathon Woss on Friday night...

Kim deal on the other hand, was a member of The Pixies, and later went on to form The Breeders with her sister Kelly. if you click on the underlined 'kim deal' in my post it is a link to the breeders performing 'Cannonball' (that's just in case you are soooo, like, totally uncool you have never realised underlined text is a link)...

the lines leading up to the underlined 'kim deal' are from a song by the dandy warhols who also like her :)

You can hear that song...

HERE

Sorted?

:D:lol:

Well the last time I went to the cinema and sat in the dark for an hour-and-a-half I nodded off. Here's hoping.

Take some gin in a 7up bottle... don't take 7up in a gin bottle as A) it won't work B) they won't let you in and C) it would be a very silly thing to do. if you go on a wednesday and have the right phone you can take a friend for free. as long as they are green. or a flying monkey. i'm not sure about green flying monkeys, but you would probably get away with it. probably.

:)

Edited by baddad

Like, totally...

Hannah Montana is an awful american tv/film thingy, and the only real reason i know that is because the 'star' of the film (I can't think of her name but her dad sang 'achey breaky heart' and somehow she manages to be even more annoying) was on Jonathon Woss on Friday night...

Kim deal on the other hand, was a member of The Pixies, and later went on to form The Breeders with her sister Kelly. if you click on the underlined 'kim deal' in my post it is a link to the breeders performing 'Cannonball' (that's just in case you are soooo, like, totally uncool you have never realised underlined text is a link)...

the lines leading up to the underlined 'kim deal' are from a song by the dandy warhols who also like her :)

You can hear that song...

HERE

Sorted?

OK I get it now B) ............... erm :blink::wacko::huh:

DD2's so cute - choosing what she's going to wear and giving me instructions on plaits at 7am this morning. It's not til 2pm.

ETA I was at a party last night so 7am came far too soon.

Edited by call me jaded

Have a 10 yr old DD so we too are booked for Monday for half a banana! She was SOOOOOO scary on Jonathon Ross, but we have Hannah Montanna on a loop on tv, sends me mad. Enid

DD2's so cute - choosing what she's going to wear and giving me instructions on plaits at 7am this morning. It's not til 2pm.

ETA I was at a party last night so 7am came far too soon.

Girls are weird! (Ben)

Although I suspect he would make an exception for your other DD on the basis of 'The Breeders'

Party's? Oh.... how the other half live! No hangovers, I hope :thumbs:

we have Hannah Montanna on a loop on tv, sends me mad.

Well, if what I saw of her on JW is anything to go by, there is a hell and you've found it! :lol:

L&P

BD :D

Girls are weird! (Ben)

Although I suspect he would make an exception for your other DD on the basis of 'The Breeders'

She's exceptional all right - only girl in the Cubs pack (they made her a sixer)

Party's? Oh.... how the other half live! No hangovers, I hope :thumbs:
Husband's friend's wife's 50th - G&Ts and 'come on eileen' and plenty of dad dancing. Not so thrilling, now.

Well, if what I saw of her on JW is anything to go by, there is a hell and you've found it! :lol:

L&P

BD :D

Enid's scary is an under-statement.

She's exceptional all right - only girl in the Cubs pack (they made her a sixer)

I have no idea what that means but assume it's good: if it's marks out of ten, at least she's the right side of 'average' :lol:

Husband's friend's wife's 50th - G&Ts and 'come on eileen' and plenty of dad dancing. Not so thrilling, now.

:blink::blink:

Enid's scary is an under-statement.

I think you maybe should have put quote marks round 'scary'... unless you know something we don't? :unsure::lol:

:D

Well that was a breeze. Quite a pleasant way to spend an afternoon all-in-all - DD very good company. She has been re-enacting it all with Bratz this morning, so definitely Hannah Montana from her, Hannah Banana from me.

DS1 kept everyone busy whilst we were out. :jester:

Hannah Banana!!! And High School Spewsical, and Camp.....

.....I'll keep the last one to myself, actually!

I have had the dubious honour of hosting a mini Britain's got (NOT!) talent in the payground this week, and if I have to listen to one more Banana/Efron type wannabe belting out one more of those ruddy awful songs I shall...

probably do what I've done all week and smiled weakly while proffering applause,positive feedback and suchlike. But Another little part of me will die inside....

...my eardrums, with any luck!!......

Well the last time I went to the cinema and sat in the dark for an hour-and-a-half I nodded off. Here's hoping.

I was once on a ferry crossing from Italy to Greece with my husband. The ferry had a cinema complex, so we went to see the film. My husband was so tired he fell asleep, and typically began snoring. He was so loud that people were complaining and asking me "is he with you". I said 'no' and quickly made an exist :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:. His snoring was so loud that he managed to empty the entire cinema!!!