Sign in to follow this  
connieruff

Additional information for SA

Hi,

I have send copies of documents with my request for a SA, and have received back a form which thanks me for my request and asks me to complete the enclosed form. The form asks me to tick as appropriate: 5 boxes,

1) I enclose my views

2) Provide at a later date within 29 days)

3) Wish to discuss in person

4) I do not wish to provide my views at this stage

5) I do give my consent for information on my child to be shared with a range of professional as appropriate

6) I do give my permission for my child to be seen by an educational Psycholgist.

I have given them all of the docs that I have , and a written report on why I think my son shoud be assessed (ie he's a year behind, although of average ability and next term I have been told that there will be no help also he has emotional problems which make it diffcult for him to learn unless its very much 1 2 1.

As he was so behind I have been giving him 10 minutes a day extra help. and I was shocked that he seems to have a lot of trouble with very basic sums, ie 2 + 3 - he sometimes says 23 and sometimes crys and says he cant do it.

There is a definate problem there, I think it may be dyscalclia.

Dont get me wrong I dont push him, but do you think I should mention when I send the form back?

Thanks

Cx

I would say yes, the more information they have the clearer picture they will have. What I would not do is put a name to anything, better to leave that to the 'professionals'. Just tell them what you see.

That is what I did, still waiting for the out come.

Good luck.

Hi,

I have send copies of documents with my request for a SA, and have received back a form which thanks me for my request and asks me to complete the enclosed form. The form asks me to tick as appropriate: 5 boxes,

1) I enclose my views

2) Provide at a later date within 29 days)

3) Wish to discuss in person

4) I do not wish to provide my views at this stage

5) I do give my consent for information on my child to be shared with a range of professional as appropriate

6) I do give my permission for my child to be seen by an educational Psycholgist.

I have given them all of the docs that I have , and a written report on why I think my son shoud be assessed (ie he's a year behind, although of average ability and next term I have been told that there will be no help also he has emotional problems which make it diffcult for him to learn unless its very much 1 2 1.

As he was so behind I have been giving him 10 minutes a day extra help. and I was shocked that he seems to have a lot of trouble with very basic sums, ie 2 + 3 - he sometimes says 23 and sometimes crys and says he cant do it.

There is a definate problem there, I think it may be dyscalclia.

Dont get me wrong I dont push him, but do you think I should mention when I send the form back?

Thanks

Cx

Hi.I found a link today that contains very good advice regarding what to include.I will find it.Even if you have sent some of the parework in you could always add some more.Karen.

Karen

Thanks - this was very helpful, I cut and paste the whole lot into a Word doc and have tailored it to suit my sons circumstances. This website is invaluable.

Cx

Karen

Thanks - this was very helpful, I cut and paste the whole lot into a Word doc and have tailored it to suit my sons circumstances. This website is invaluable.

Cx

Glad you found it helpful.I thought so too.Karen.