Enid

6 Autisic children in one Family

Ooooh, I think I'll have a look at this :thumbs: Thanks! I'm gonna tell my Mum also, I know she'll be interested.

:huh: Oh No...we only have old fashioned telly! I'd love to see this-it would put my probs right uinto perspective! Are all the children born to the same parents, or are they cousins, etc?

They are all born to the same parents.

This programme was also on heatlh and living and there was a programme on after which was all about autism. It was stating early intervention can help because if you get the right help for the children as toddlers than a pathway can develop in the brain to help over come the diffciulty. They say when we are born we have million of pathways in our brain as we get older (toddler) some areas of the pathway become dominate and other parts of the pathway disconnects. It is known that some austistic children have problems in the front of the brain, hence communication problems, relationships, empathy.

They also said if you look at 10 ASD children in a classroom all 10 of the children could have a different cause for the austism. They are also undertaking scans of children with ASD and monitoring what type of support the child has and how successful it is. The programme also mentioned all the different forms of treatment for ASD children and how there is no guidance for ASD parents hence some parents will expose there children to all forms of treatment without fact that these treatments work and ?? what damage they are doing to the children.

The doctors also said that the medical profession was letting down ASD children and there families and how there needed to be a lot more research into ASD because it is so complex.

I thought is was a very realistic programme.

I couldnt find it! I scanned through my tv for health an living programme twice! I have sky, what number channel is it? Enid

i watched this on TV and was very inspiring yet interesting on how they coped as family they did struggle as you would along the way with having so many kids on different ends of autistic spectrum dad had suffered with depression! not surprised but they managed so well and boy with AS supported parents with looking after two youngest with classic autism! to watch and see how they family structure was 'different' to others yet so refreshing the two youngest went to special autism school and so did girl with PDD-NOS

i think it made understand the whole range in one family of autistic spectrum put together in one family the parents havn't had much help and support from services which surprised me alot! the boy and girl with AS had anxietyand meltdowns in different situation the girl at school it happened and boy at home!just amazing breath taking story i hope the parents do decide to bring out a book! i hope professionals read to gain better insight into what the autistic spectrum is on different levels this was learning point for everyone who watched! gained something from watching!

yes it is link above is right one on information about the family read it the wife has clinical depression,GAD she takes anti depressants prozac to help function and get through the days! the kids seemed happy in their own way! and seem to progressing at their own pace in their own world!i hope they can have future whic fits every single one of them and parents have done wonderful job and still do and should be glowing with pride on work and effort they put for each of their children's individual needs!blew me away their dedication for them they're job they don't have break or day off it carries on all time!