Mad cat lady

School polo shirts

Asda (scotland not sure about england) have the two packs of polo shirts for 2 for £3, not sure how long the offer is on for but at that price I have started my back to school shopping for after the summer. Thought I would mention it in case it is of use to anyone.

(Mods - do we have a thread for special offers? if we do please move this to there, thanks)

hi

i get all georges school clothes from asda he loves that the clothes have the same name as him :rolleyes: , and is constantly spelling it :wallbash: great value for money, i dont do the white ones though.

theresa x

It's not just the polo shirts in the offer - they have trousers and skirts as well. Ordered virtually all that I need for my 3 last week - just need to get PE stuff and shoes now! For once I am organised - mind you, last year taught me to shop early as spent the last week trying to find PE shorts for both my girls plus cardies for my youngest d.

Does anyone know where I can buy polo shirts with a zip, not buttons? DD has DCD and can't manage buttons, so I leave them all undone on PE days, but would like her to look smarter.

Does anyone know where I can buy polo shirts with a zip, not buttons? DD has DCD and can't manage buttons, so I leave them all undone on PE days, but would like her to look smarter.

Depends what colour you need - if white or pale blue, try the N**t Directory (can i say that?). Marks & Sparks (can I say that too??!) used to do white or pale blue too, but think they may have stopped, or just do white.

We have the same issue for DS2, but mainly he just has a thing about buttons and won't tolerate them.

Alternatively, get the button one, cut them off and sew poppers or velcro on... have never actually done it but thought about it often...

good luck!

Lizzie x

Quick edit to say the zippy ones do work out more expensive than regular ones...

Edited by BusyLizzie100

Thanks Lizzie, you are right, I can no longer find them in M&S, will have a look in Next directory. Also like the velcro/poppers idea!

PS I need white ones!

Edited by Athena

Oh dear, what a shame, surely there must be an unmet demand for them, for children unable to do up buttons!

Looks like it maybe the poppers/velcro approach....better get my sewing kit out!

Oh dear, what a shame, surely there must be an unmet demand for them, for children unable to do up buttons!

Looks like it maybe the poppers/velcro approach....better get my sewing kit out!

Don't want to teach my Grandmother to suck eggs, so forgive me if you'd already thought of this, but when you've cut off the buttons, and sewn on the velcro/poppers, sew the buttons back ontop of the button holes so they look done up. :ph34r:

Don't want to teach my Grandmother to suck eggs, so forgive me if you'd already thought of this, but when you've cut off the buttons, and sewn on the velcro/poppers, sew the buttons back ontop of the button holes so they look done up. :ph34r:

Not at all, that's a good idea, it won't look so obvious then that she doesn't have buttons like the other children.

Thanks Lizzie, I will order some. They look fine, doesn't matter if they are marketed as for boys at all.

I have been to M&S last week and got 6 white t-shirts, 3 polo shirts, 6 pairs of black shorts and 2 pairs of plimsoles all for £27!!!!!! Amazing but then i bought 4 school jumpers with the logo on and it cost me £36 :wallbash:

I also got some of the trousers on offer at Asda before the mad rush starts :rolleyes: