Sign in to follow this  
Lindyloo

DS Made me cry :(

I just felt I had to share this with people that understand.

DS is 9. We have recently completed all the multi agency assessments to get his diagnosis. We are waiting for the results, but things are looking like he will be diagnosed with AS.

As part of anti bullying week, they had to write an anti bullying poem at school. DS usually struggles with creative writing, but he got a merit for his. This is what he wrote......

I am a Person

I am the person who pretended to be ill

I am the person you wanted tp kill

I am the persom whose toughness was high

I am the person who still had to cry

I am the person who wanted to be cool

I am the person you used as a tool

I am the person you wanted to destroy

I am the person who was just a boy

But I am a person ....... who knows how it feels

What really brought the tears to my eyes was when he said " It was easy Mummy - I just wrote aout me" :(

Bloomin 'eck! I'm nearly in tears just reading that now! What an emotionally intelligent wee boy you have there. I'm glad that the school rewarded his hard work - they must have been blown away when they read that! Mo

Wow that has made me cry as well partly as I see my boys go through it and occasionally my girl too and also because i was bullied at school and that pretty much sums it up. So glad they rewarded him for that. Well done, good luck with the outcome of the assessments.

Wow he is talented.......reminds me of a friendship poem ds had to do in his old school n in it he said he was the one so fed up he wanted to die...........I burst into tears when I read it.

:crying::crying::crying:

And the uninformed think AS means no feelings....................

:crying::crying::crying:

And the uninformed think AS means no feelings....................

Still waters run deep, don't they?

Wonderful poem, Lindyloo...school should keep a copy with their anti-bullying policy! :whistle:

school should keep a copy with their anti-bullying policy! :whistle:

Thank you all for your kind words. DS was very pleased when I told him that other people liked his poem as well.

I certainly intend to keep a copy for our records. It expresses how he feels far better than he is ever able to do when asked directly.

Wow that has made me cry as well partly as I see my boys go through it and occasionally my girl too and also because i was bullied at school and that pretty much sums it up. So glad they rewarded him for that. Well done, good luck with the outcome of the assessments.
I was bullied too, agreed it says it all.

School should keep a copy with their anti-bullying policy!
Very much agreed

I've got to say that poem is pretty much perfect in my opinion; simplistic but it puts its message across very effectively (which is great because poetry is normally incredibly cryptic, at least to me). Very sad too; hits very close to home. I'm glad to hear that you've passed on people's congratulations to your son; very deserving and I hope you'll pass on mine too :)