Sign in to follow this  
maggzymay

Trying to drum up support

Kinder are having a competition for children aged between 4 and 11 to become the face of Kinder. My son wanted to enter :rolleyes:

I am hoping to get support on this so we can show people that kids with special needs can be just as worthy to be the face of a product just as much as any other child.

My son

I am sure there are other people kids on here that would like to enter.

If you feel this post is in appropriate I will be happy for it to be removed.

Would love to see more kids on there though with specific needs to see how the company deals with that if they get in the top 100. ;)

Ty very much, as he likes his numbers it is a great little distraction to keep him going during the school holidays :whistle:

Hi maggzymay what a good idea, I totally agree that more children with special needs should be worthy of being able to be the face of a new product.

I have just posted my daughter Sian's picture.

Julie-2

Not sure if this link will work that I have posted.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...98020_555023020

Edited by julie-2

Kinder are having a competition for children aged between 4 and 11 to become the face of Kinder. My son wanted to enter :rolleyes:

I am hoping to get support on this so we can show people that kids with special needs can be just as worthy to be the face of a product just as much as any other child.

My son

I am sure there are other people kids on here that would like to enter.

If you feel this post is in appropriate I will be happy for it to be removed.

Would love to see more kids on there though with specific needs to see how the company deals with that if they get in the top 100. ;)

Done!

Hi maggzymay what a good idea, I totally agree that more children with special needs should be worthy of being able to be the face of a new product.

I have just posted my daughter Sian's picture.

Julie-2

Not sure if this link will work that I have posted.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...98020_555023020

is she now up on the website, as I will give her a vote :thumbs:

is she now up on the website, as I will give her a vote :thumbs:

Hi Maggzymay,

Yes Sian is now up on the website, I have also voted for your son Stuart.

Can you tell me how I can post her pic from the kinder website to here also please.

Thanks

Julie

done! have voted for both Stuart and Sian

ooh need to get everyone voting as the top one already has 2761

i think so, i was just adding a link too! but u beat me to it.

Edited by something_different

i notice that u can vote every day so i will check back every day and vote for both of them. x

didn't know u were from good old, "what's it called?" haha if u remember the advert u won't think i am completely daft.

didn't know u were from good old, "what's it called?" haha if u remember the advert u won't think i am completely daft.

We are that lol and my brother was in the advert too :rolleyes:

haha kool, a wee claim to fame for u then.

voted for them both again today.

mmMMrRGGHH!! Sorry but thats my opinion on putting a child on "display" simply beacuse he is touched by AS.

Adult Autistic.

Maggzymay's son wanted to enter this copmetition, the fact that he has ASD is just another factor to consider if he does get thru. She did not enter him in the competition simply because he has asd.

but the fact that he has asd is still there, and it would be lovely if he did manage to reach the final 100. it would be a great acheivement for him.

Edited by something_different

My son wanted to be in this competition due to the fact I was voting for one of my friends children and he wanted to join in.

I totally understand where you are coming from on this subject as you are in a position that I myself can only ever view from the side lines when bringing up my son's but I do feel that no matter what if my child wants to enter this then his aspergers should not be the deciding factor for him not to enter.

Too long in this world has there been a shun on all disabilities, I personally would love to see more disabled people on television and advertising rather than only have a few token placements just to make the big wigs look like they are promoting equal opportunity.

p.s. did my voting for the day

Edited by maggzymay

I had no intention at all of upsetting anybody, just putting my view forward. And not necesarily shared by others, I realise we all are allowed our opinion.

I have no qualms about your son entering the competition, thats fine (And good luck with the votes)

Perhaps I should rehash.... Your son (by entering the competition) wants to be treated like NT. If I did something like this I know I would not want it to mentioned that I am Autistic.

And is that not the same thing you want?? To enter your son and show that despite his needs and circumstance he can appear as NT children do?

not sure if he wants to 'be treated like NT' by entering the competition, yes he wants the same chance and opportunity as everyone else. but wants to be treated as an indivudual as all kids should be weather they are NT, downs, or whatever.

Well as far as being treated like an NT is concerned my son is still at the stage of being unaware he is different from other children as he hasn't been told that he has aspergers so to him it is just a competition where you score points that a friend is in so he wanted to be on it too.

hi, just to let you know in case you were wanting to vote for Sian, her picture has been either moved or deleted, as I cannot seem to find it on the site. I Tried sending an email to them which was returned stating mailer daemon?then and tried resending the picture, but have still not heard anything back as yet.

julie

Edited by julie-2

hi, just to let you know in case you were wanting to vote for Sian, her picture has been either moved or deleted, as I cannot seem to find it on the site. I Tried sending an email to them which was returned stating mailer daemon?then and tried resending the picture, but have still not heard anything back as yet.

julie

Sian is now back on the site if you would like to vote for her she's on page 8 at present.

Thaks

Julie

Hi i have also entered cameron as he loves kinder andis a total poser at the mo! he is on the new page at th mo with only 1 vote soany votes would be very much appreciated :pray:

Hi i have also entered cameron as he loves kinder andis a total poser at the mo! he is on the new page at th mo with only 1 vote soany votes would be very much appreciated :pray:

What age is he so I can put up a link for you?

added my votes good to c sian back shame she is way back at the beginning again

Hello

Voted for Cameron and Stuart again today.

Dont know what happened to Sian's picture when it just disappeared a couple of days ago. Anyway hope to catcvh up with some votes!

Julie :rolleyes:

voted for all 3 :)