trekster

Hi from bristol

Hello

i am Alexis and i am an aspie. i have been told by other members on this site that i should introduce myself. Due to this section being called "just arrived" it reminded me of going on holiday (instead of "new member")

i will say more about myself at a later date, out to see a gig in bristol tonight.

Alexis

I want to know who you're going to see now! :thumbs:

I've not been to a gig in ages, for various reasons. I fancy going to see Sham 69 when they play Manchester Students Union. And I hear a rumour Peter and The Test Tube Babies are coming to play at Stockport again in the autumn... so that'll be good.

Oh and hi by the way!

:)

Hello

i am Alexis and i am an aspie. i have been told by other members on this site that i should introduce myself. Due to this section being called "just arrived" it reminded me of going on holiday (instead of "new member")

i will say more about myself at a later date, out to see a gig in bristol tonight.

Alexis

Not sure how to edit my posts? This is difficult knowing what to say.

i am about 30 years old and i have a brother 19 (i think hes ND) and a sister 25 (was ND). Our family know mums aspergers (but she wont accept it). My sister is engaged and has a 2.5 year old son (appears NT atm).

i have fallen arches, fibromyalgia (caused by fallen arches), aspergers, IBS, relapsing remitting depression and anxiety (mostly remitting atm), insomnia, fear of not being believed by people (so i appear aggressive when i speak), very mild longsightedness, raynauds, larger left atrium (so blood oxygenates quicker), mild scotopic sensitivity syndrome, overbite and my eczema in remission.

Those are diagnosed but the undiagnosed ones are OCD (hoarding/spending and fear of not being believed), acrophobia (height fear), moderate claustrophobia, PTSD (95% recovered), leaky gut, addiction to milk and gluten, allergies to benzoates and strawberries, right hypermobile ankle, dyslexia and dyspraxia.

i recovered from ME, self harm and migraines sometime ago. i got confirmed as not having hypochondria a few months ago.

My hobbies include computers, disability rights (especially autism related ones), star trek, medical dramas, playmobil, cross stitching, stamp collecting, Liverpool fc, various types of music, families and learning about autism and others disabilities.

A red dwarf mate of mine told me about this site and im pleased to be in an autistic friendly environment.

What do you like to do?

Alexis

I am 28, unemployed. Have a potted employment history, got formal dx 17 months ago, aged 26. I live with my mother and dog (my dad died 2.5 years ago). I have 3 brothers (2 older, 1 younger).

I also have dyspraxia, mild dysgraphia, psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.

After spending much of my twenties getting wasted I've pretty much had to give up drinking (it doesn't go well with my arthritis medication), but I'm currently feeling like I've emerged from a chrysalis and want to get on with life so much, it's unbelievable!

What I'm interested in, and what are actually do are quite different.

I'm interested in doing just about anything, going to the cinema (all sorts of film interest me from Hollywood to Art House), going to the theatre, bowling, art galleries, comedy clubs, open mic/poetry nights, playing sports (as much as I can), going to gigs. I'm up for giving anything a go.

What I actually do, is.

1) Read - again wide tastes but sci-fi/sci-fi comedy, Russian literature and 20th century American literature feature highly.

2) Watch TV - particularly drama's - medical and cop ones, quiz shows (the brainier ones preferably), sport (particularly football), DR and comedy - Family Guy, Simpsons, Chaser's War on Everything etc...

3) Listen to music - particularly punk, ska and oi, but also some more weird/funny indie (They Might Be Giants, Weird Al Yankovic etc..)

4) Watch Stockport County F.C.

5) Walk the dog.

:P

I'd also like relationship, a boyfriend. But I have no idea on how to approach people - and have no concept of "gaydar".

I basically so much want to be in the world and to experience it all, and not hide away from it, or blot it out by getting bladdered it is unreal.

hello imposter

i forgot to mention my employment history all but one job has been unpaid and ive had various issues getting

and keeping voluntary work.

i dont think im dysgraphic but when ive got loads of ideas i just stream them out. They are normally worries.

However there are things that would prevent me from doing this so i dont think i have a compulsion to write.

Pleased you decided to face your addictions, i know how hard that can be with giving up the gluten and milk.

Ah so you are interested in is a life of adventure? lol

My fav sci fi comedy is red dwarf. im also a trekkie fan hence the user name. i cant really get my head around

literature, i think my english teacher put me off that subject. However i did like jane austen recreations (also lost

in austen) on tv.

im a big university challenge fan and like to see if i can get a) questions right the others didnt and B) more questions

right than one of the teams. You could say it was easier for me since i can pick and choose what to answer but i honestly

think of an answer to all the questions. i think of it as a way to keep my mind active when i cannot get out. Also to me it

is fun.

The only indie music im into Afaik is Keane. i saw them in liverpool with my bro in March.

ive had rabbits in the past :robbie: :robbie: :robbie: (love that smiley) but we had to get rid of them since my parents

were unable to teach me what they meant by "look after the rabbits". :tearful:

By gaydar do you mean you try and chat up gay fellas by mistake? ive done this as well. My bi male aspie mate is trying to

get a date as well.

i loved your last sentence. "I basically so much want to be in the world and to experience it all, " im the same i like a challenge!

Alexis

I want to know who you're going to see now! :thumbs:

I've not been to a gig in ages, for various reasons. I fancy going to see Sham 69 when they play Manchester Students Union. And I hear a rumour Peter and The Test Tube Babies are coming to play at Stockport again in the autumn... so that'll be good.

Oh and hi by the way!

We saw a spanish band, a bjork soundalike, a reggae/rap band and a few others. They are breaking out onto the scene so to speak

so im guessing they were local bristol bands.

Alexis

By gaydar do you mean you try and chat up gay fellas by mistake? ive done this as well. My bi male aspie mate is trying to

get a date as well.

No, no, I am gay. I meant I have no concept of "gaydar", which guys are or are not likely to be gay, even though law of averages says I must speak to, or see gay men around; and consequently I don't tend to try to chat up anyone as I don't want to go round chatting up someone who isn't gay and who may take offence or react badly! Your "bi male aspie mate" sounds good send him my way! :D

i loved your last sentence. "I basically so much want to be in the world and to experience it all, " im the same i like a challenge!

Why thank you. :)

Alexis