Donar kebab

Hi I am a newbie and want to say hello.

Hello to all,

My name is Donna and I am a mum to 2 kids one is NT and one has ASD aged 14 yrs. My son attends a mainstream comp and as yet he has managed to cope, with lots of work on our part linking very closely with the SEN dept and SENCO. The journey for our son now, is for him to build his independence!!! We have had the most quiet holidays ever as his sibling has been at a camp for most of the holidays so peace for all. She has had time for herself to develop.

I hope you guys have had good times over the holidays and are not too stressed about the return to school. I almost needed sedation when he first went to comp..I am a bit more relaxed now!!

I also volunteer at a parent based support group and this is a branch of The National Autistic Society, Rotherham Branch.

I am hoping to gain info and also pass on our details to anyone who wishes to link with our group. We are all parents with children with AS ASD or Autism. We are based in Rotherham but also attend other nearby groups ie Barnsley and Sheffield.

Next week we will be holding an info stand in the Lyceum theatre Sheffield whilst Rainman is showing.

Our group will also be at The Rotherham Show on 13th Sept

I have been volunteered to do a fun run on the 12th Sept for NAS. Maybe walking it not running 5km.

In Rotherham on the 28th October a Disability info day is going to be held Fayre's Fair 2 at The Magna.

Please email or call us if we can be of any help if you are local to us...rotherham@nas.org.uk Mobile no 07554439427.

Best wishes to all,

Donna.

Hello Donna and welcome :thumbs:

I have been volunteered to do a fun run on the 12th Sept for NAS. Maybe walking it not running 5km.

I have no idea why they call it a 'fun run' :lol:

I did the Great South Run in aid of the NAS and, although it was hard, it gave me a great sense of achievement at the end (along with several blisters :o ) Hope you 'enjoy' it :thumbs:

Do you have an online sponsorship page?

Nicky >:D<<'>

Hello Donna and welcome :thumbs:

I have no idea why they call it a 'fun run' :lol:

I did the Great South Run in aid of the NAS and, although it was hard, it gave me a great sense of achievement at the end (along with several blisters :o ) Hope you 'enjoy' it :thumbs:

Do you have an online sponsorship page?

Nicky >:D<<'>

Hello Nicky,

cheers for the support No I do not but maybe we should have thought of that ....

I agree not my idea of fun!!

Donna

Welcome Donna. :) I'm a bit further south than you.I think there's at least one other member from Rotherham here, but I can't remember who. You may know!

K x

Welcome Donna. :) I'm a bit further south than you.I think there's at least one other member from Rotherham here, but I can't remember who. You may know!

K x

Many thanks Kathryn.

This is such a fab forum and what an ideal way for many people to communicate...

Cheers

Donna :thumbs:

Hi welcome to the asd forum. I am on the border of Doncaster and Rotherham ,I have 5 children and 1 grandson.My 11 yr old son has just been dx with adhd and I think my 3 yr old daughter may well have it too. As he has only just been dx I havent joined any local support groups and due to our location I wasnt sure whether to go for Doncaster or Rotherham.He is currently under DRI as we have only just moved here but at our last appt the consultant did mention referring us to RDGH at a later date.

He is in mainstream school and despite my worries he has settled in very well .I had an 8 year battle to get him dx and I actually thought he had aspergers althugh they havent ruled it out they are just dealing with the adhd for now

Viv xx

hi donna

welcome to the forum, what a good day on wed at fayers fair, i didnt no you had joined this site, nice to see another local, hope you are all well

take care

theresa x

Hi Donna

Only been here a short while myself, but everyone seems friendly and helpful.

Sure, with ASDs being so varied in kind, folks don't always agree with each other - but they're a nice bunch really ;)

Edited by Martin Howe