Sign in to follow this  
simsbabe

Hi Everyone!

Hi! My names Mel and I live in rainy Manchester with the OH and 4 kids! My 9 year old son has just been diagnosed with Aspergers/ High Functioning Autism, which has, in a way, come as some sort of relief after over a year of tests, questions and observation. I have a 12 (goin on 30) year old daughter who has just started high school and 2 year old twin boy/girl. After getting my sons diagnosis we are pretty certain our 2 year old twin boy also has a ASD, which they wont test for until he starts school next year (if he does, its not looking too good at the moment!)

Anyway, enough about me, its nice to be somewhere where people feel the same as I do and understand how I feel, sometimes I feel the family think I overeact etc.

Great to be here!

xxx

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

We are waiting on our DLA claim now....apparently it should take no more than 38 days....very odd number! So far it has been 12 days....fingers crossed it is sorted for christmas!

Hi Mel

We have four children too, two on the Autistic Spectrum.

You have come to the right place!

Simon

Hi mel

I also have four kids,single mum.My 6yr ols has AS and suspect three year old has to but same situation as you need to wait until he starts school.

I have found lots of help on here.