justine1

Glad for the honesty!

Hi I know for some people honesty is hard to swallow,but I often appreciate my six year olds honesty.Two weeks ago,my father was outside smoking,he has severe asthma(has three inhalers) smokes at least 8 a day,my brother and I always moan and have said something once or twice to my dad,anyway my son said "Grandpa you know that if you smoke your lungs will look like asphalt and you will die!" he didnt smoke for the rest of his visit I wish he would quit so hope my son keeps up the good work!

Hi I know for some people honesty is hard to swallow,but I often appreciate my six year olds honesty.Two weeks ago,my father was outside smoking,he has severe asthma(has three inhalers) smokes at least 8 a day,my brother and I always moan and have said something once or twice to my dad,anyway my son said "Grandpa you know that if you smoke your lungs will look like asphalt and you will die!" he didnt smoke for the rest of his visit I wish he would quit so hope my son keeps up the good work!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Can I borrow him please? Since the smoking ban, the area right outside the doors of my uni still under the slightly covered roof has become the smokers area and that's the only way in and out of the building and quite frankly it's horrible and there is no thought for others. I don't say anything, but it does set off a cough/very audible wheeze on occasions and I get horrible looks even for daring to cough as if I'm the one in the wrong. :shame:

Just be careful he learns some limits to honesty and with whom it's Ok as he gets older - I've come a bit of a cropper as a result of being honest on occasions in the past. :whistle::devil:

Before the smoking ban, and when my youngest was still able to attend family parties etc, when he used to have to walk past smokers he would say loudly "Oh smoke - am I going to die now?" Although it was embarrassing I did silently think "Good on him".

:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Can I borrow him please? Since the smoking ban, the area right outside the doors of my uni still under the slightly covered roof has become the smokers area and that's the only way in and out of the building and quite frankly it's horrible and there is no thought for others. I don't say anything, but it does set off a cough/very audible wheeze on occasions and I get horrible looks even for daring to cough as if I'm the one in the wrong. :shame:

Just be careful he learns some limits to honesty and with whom it's Ok as he gets older - I've come a bit of a cropper as a result of being honest on occasions in the past. :whistle::devil:

Enterance to the Local Hospital is the same, people hooked to drips and hands with canulas with a fag sticking out smoke right outside the enterances, its disgusting, I have noticed this a lot lately where they have banned smoking for it only congregate at enternaces of buildings!!!!!!

My son is a nightmares near people smoking, he basically dislikes the smell, sensory and all that.

But its great that children also understand the health implications.

JsMumxxxx

I have a story that brings a smile to my face when I remember it.

Nana [my mum] was very ill in a hospice this time five years ago.

Nana was not very close to my boys [ben age 6 at the time and J 9].

I did my best to explain that mum was not doing so well because nana was very poorly indeed.I was honest and explained that it was very sad that the doctors would not be able to make nana better and she would probably die very soon.

Nana was a tough old soul.Things did not go as expected and nana battled on for several weeks despite having awful blood results on all fronts.

Ben came to visit on what would certainly be his last visit.

He was heard to say fortunately not within range of nana ''Well you know you said nana would die soon......how come she is still here'' :lol::lol::lol:

Nobody knew at the time that Ben would be diagnosed with AS four years later.

I also used to smoke, 20 bensons everyday without fail....its odd but I always managed to find the money for that yet Gas & Electric money was far more difficult??

I remember when Cameron was 4 years old, not yet at school but just about to start.....we were walking along the road & I lit up a cigarette. He immediately started screaming & crying!!

When I eventually got some sense out of him he said its because smoking will kill me and he doesnt want me to die!!

I promised him I would give up on his first day of school....and I did!!

he's 15 now :thumbs:

I think it made it easier because I could remember feeling the same way when my Mum was smoking when I was a child!!

I have a story that brings a smile to my face when I remember it.

Nana [my mum] was very ill in a hospice this time five years ago.

Nana was not very close to my boys [ben age 6 at the time and J 9].

I did my best to explain that mum was not doing so well because nana was very poorly indeed.I was honest and explained that it was very sad that the doctors would not be able to make nana better and she would probably die very soon.

Nana was a tough old soul.Things did not go as expected and nana battled on for several weeks despite having awful blood results on all fronts.

Ben came to visit on what would certainly be his last visit.

He was heard to say fortunately not within range of nana ''Well you know you said nana would die soon......how come she is still here'' :lol::lol::lol:

Nobody knew at the time that Ben would be diagnosed with AS four years later.

I love that!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Enterance to the Local Hospital is the same, people hooked to drips and hands with canulas with a fag sticking out smoke right outside the enterances, its disgusting, I have noticed this a lot lately where they have banned smoking for it only congregate at enternaces of buildings!!!!!!

JsMumxxxx

Hah! When I was in hospital having my youngest, and was pacing up and down the corridor in between contractions, I met a woman who had been in my antenatal class. She too, was in labour though not very far on. We shuffled, slipper-clad and bulging tummed, up the corridor and I turned to start the shuffle back down. I stopped, because the other wife was no longer beside me. Looking around, I spotted her at the door to the labour suite, shrugging on a dressing gown and rummaging in the pockets.

"What are you doing?" I asked, confuzzled.

"Aw, ah've hud it, hen." she replied. "Ah'm off oot fur a fag!"

:blink:

Gobsmacked!! (The midwives were scandalised!!) Met her again back on the maternity ward and she was forever nipping out for ciggie after ciggie....leaving her new baby with any other mum that would accomodate her......mental. We christened her Waynetta.