bid

Home from Hospital

Well, we're back :)

Yesterday Meg had surgery at the site of the original fracture. The radial nerve had got caught into the fracture, so they cut it above and below and then joined the ends together which will hopefully act as a conduit for the nerve to regenerate down her arm to her hand.

She's in a cast for the next 6 weeks to immobilise and protect her arm, and we should know in about 6 months if it looks as though it's starting to regenerate :pray:

So relieved it's over, and that they were able to do something...just a matter of waiting now and hoping for the best!

Bid :)

And, how fantastic is this?! Big A has just given the three littlies their Christmas present early because he thought they all needed something nice...he's only bought them a (pre-owned) Wii!! :wub: :wub: :tearful:

Edited by bid

:thumbs: glad that the op went oright, J broke his radius and ulna in may 08 and it was truamatic, I think more for me as I had to watch him suffer, bless him, he had to have surgery and pins, he is all recovered now but it was a very difficult time, we had just moved as well, so a very challanging time.

6 weeks in a pot over christmas thats going to be tricky, and she had better ensure she doesnt get too excited with the wii, that was a nice sweet thing to do as well.

Wii accidents are increasing so ensure she goes careful.

JsMumxxx

Glad it went well - sounds like a really intricate procedure.

As for the Wii - what a lovely thing to do. :thumbs: I'm all for spreading Christmas out a bit - too much on one day lessens the impact of gifts in my opinion.

K x

Glad all went well and hope she regenerates perfectly (but not in a David Tenant sort of way!)

That wii will keep them occupied over Christmas :thumbs: A bit pricey as it's so new, but I rented Ben Mario Brothers wii so he could have a practice run to see if that's something he wants to spend xmas money on. It is real 'old skool' Mario and even though Ben usually avoids platformers like the plague he absolutely loves it.

L&P

BD :D

Pleased Meg is on the road to recovery.

Thank you so much for all your good wishes.

Meg is doing really well, and needing minimal pain relief :)

It's very early days, but we are hoping that it's a good sign that the constant pins and needles she was experiencing in her thumb and index finger before has nearly gone :D

Bid :)

Cause for cautious optimism then? :pray: I really hope it's a good sign that the op has worked.

Hope the Wii is providing much entertainment! :)

K x

I'm glad everything went well hun and fingers crossed for the next 6 mths to see if it has worked.........Bless Big A how thoughtful of him x x