Sign in to follow this  
bid

Wellyboots!!

I foolishly didn't buy my girlies wellies from Matalan before Christmas when there were plenty...

Now, it's apparently impossible to find cheap, funky size 5 laydees wellies anywhere!! All the shops in town are sold out and everywhere I've looked online are also sold out or so expensive it's obscene :P

Gah!!

Bid :hypno:

My mum wants some wellies and was showing me some in a catalogue. The ones she likes were £120!!!

You can get some really nice ones now, but I guess people bought them all up when snow was forecast. Hopefully the shops will get more this week, but then maybe you don't need them any more.

Hi I have had the same problem!My boys never used their wellies last year so I got them out and they are too small,good thing is they can hand them down but my eldest is left with nothing!!!I also dont have waterproof/ski gloves I ended up ordering online they cost a fortune!!!!

Sledges have rocketed in price too (if you can find any at all). Luckily it is SOOOOOO cold that neither of us have been particularly broken hearted, but i must buy a couple in the summer for next year! :lol:

None of the hills within walking distance are quite steep enough for bin liner or baking tray stand-ins (by the time they get going you've run out of slope), and i'm not driving to the decent runs to look like a 'poor cousin' on a plakky bag while all the posh kids whizz by on their Snowcat 3000's!

:D

our local camping store have outsold almost everything, even camping gear due to some people having power cuts so they have bought lanterns, gas stoves, all the wellies, socks, boots have done really well too, we dont have a sledge due to it getting damaged in the floods and I wasnt expecting the snow we recieve so we cant get one either, the camping store is due to get some more in on Wednesday, but looking out the window right now and its raining! but I will buy one as you never know we could get the snow again in June!

Good Luck with buying some wellies somewhere? camping stores usually are the best place to suggest.

JsMumxxx

Now, it's apparently impossible to find cheap, funky size 5 laydees wellies anywhere!! All the shops in town are sold out and everywhere I've looked online are also sold out or so expensive it's obscene :P

Have you tried Amazon? They have loads of wellies from boring to insane :hypno: and with prices also from OK to insane :o

Only thing is you might have to wait for them because of delivery times in the snow, when I'm guessing you want them fairly soon.

I bought my wellies in the summer sale from a camping shop. My sister thought I was mad and asked me when I would ever need to wear wellies in London. Now I look like the sane one (well there's a first for everything :D).

Iv had the same pair of wellies for over twenty years now. They do have steel toe capes really meant for use on a building site. They are still going strong and will probably out live me. I use them mainly when I'm gardening or the like.

We have two plastic sledges that were got for our older children when the were little, must be 12 years ago now, never go around to using them this time and the snow has all melted today.