dreamer

first time posting

hi all my name is nikki and i have 2 boys with a form of autism/asd.im hoping to get some advice about my oldest hes 10 next month and has aspergers but ive noticed in the last couple of months hes become more violent and agitated with his brother and sister when they try to involve him in play or any activity.i understand that sometimes he wants to be on his own but i also feel upset that anything that i do or say to him hes becoming more detached from me.his doctor isnt being very helpful and cahms have said that theres not alot that they can do for him.any advice would be helpful

Hi and welcome,

I notice you mention your son is nearly 10 - for us from that age onwards has been the most difficult (my daughter is 16) - the realisation of being different - plus the transition/anticipation of moving from primary to comprehensive was massive and she didn't cope at all. Also her aggression and frustration increases with her anxieties (add hormones/puberty on top and it's a volcano).

Take care,

Jb

Hello

i got to the stage of pushing others away when i was 16, the only thing that helped at the time was being gluten and dairy free.

hello, welcome to the forum.

At the age of 10 i thought my son would end up in prison he was so agresive and out of control. But with time and patients and me being on the edge of a break down (not quite that bad really) things slowly improved. Im sure hormones and understanding he was different played a big part in how my son was feeling. I also introuced my son to books for children explaining how he was not the only one with ASD helped him, also a book explaining how his body was changing helped. My son still often chooses to be alone he likes it that way, but i sometimes gatecrash his room and we have a laugh in his space.