Robyn

Hi from Scotland

Hello all, my name is Robyn.

I was diagnosed with asperger syndrome a week or so before my 18th birthday, i will be 21 in a few months.

I also have a list of other difficulties that makes me unique lol :)

i went to a main stream school and it wasn't until i was in my last year that the school actually helped me for exams....this was before the asperger dyagnosis.

I have previously done HNC Photography which i passed and i am currently studying HNC animal care at college.

My test which determins if i have passed teh course is on Wednesdaya d i am rather nervious about it. I even bought some rescue remidy to calm my nerves down.

I have done lots of tests throughout the course, from 1 - 3 tests each week and i have only had to re-site 2 of them, i had only missed the pass mark by one mark which is a shame. I am actually surprised how well i am doing, might be because animals are my favourite intrests! :)

:robbie:

Hi Robyn, and welcome to the forum.

I'm 28 now, and I was diagnosed with AS three years ago, so I also went through school without any support. You've already done really with your course so far. I'm sure you will be fine on Wednesday :)

Welcome, im 1/2 scottish.

Hey Robyn,

I am a 22 year old student studying in Glasgow...I haven't had a full diagnosis for Aspergers yet but have made the 1st step in speaking to a counsellor and meeting with my GP to get a formal diagnosis. Each person I have spoke to can see that there's a high possibilty I'll be diagnosed with it, to be honest I don't see myself living my life any different when I find out. Parts of my life are difficult but I have developed ways to cope with having difficulty forming friendships and the other various social strains I have - I really enjoy card magic. It's a new obsession and has totally made time alone all the more fun :)

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello hopefully the exam went well :)