sawjd

Moving IEPs

Hello everyone,

Please can anyone tell me (as i have searched google and this forum and found nothing) can a IEP move from one school to another ?

Best wishes

sarni

Well Js has in the past, he has always had an IEP, when he changed schools, his new school did a fresh one, with new targets but most of them where from the previous IEP, I guess the new school will want to impliment their own model but it must have realistic targets and goals and be a sufficent IEP that meets your sons needs.

I kept all of Js IEP as evidence of previous needs/targets, also at tribunal I was going to prove there was no progress and that many of the IEPs where replicates with the same targets but not obtainable, or unmet, or similair.

JsMumx

Hello everyone,

Please can anyone tell me (as i have searched google and this forum and found nothing) can a IEP move from one school to another ?

Best wishes

sarni

If my memory serves my right, a new IEP will be drawn up by the new school but of course they will make reference to previous IEP and school records so it may be the same or similar but then again it may be completely different (things seen by a new set of eyes etc).

If he is only starting in the new school year then they would be doing a new one anyway as its meant to be reviewed every six mths.But I think it will help if they have the previous one anyway,which the school he is at should pass on.

Well Js has in the past, he has always had an IEP, when he changed schools, his new school did a fresh one, with new targets but most of them where from the previous IEP, I guess the new school will want to impliment their own model but it must have realistic targets and goals and be a sufficent IEP that meets your sons needs.

I kept all of Js IEP as evidence of previous needs/targets, also at tribunal I was going to prove there was no progress and that many of the IEPs where replicates with the same targets but not obtainable, or unmet, or similair.

JsMumx

Hello Js mum,

Thanks for your post. I never thought of using the IEPs as evidence of targets not being met, i focused on reports. I would have gone to tribunal quicker with D when he was at school so thats a useful note to keep in mind, hopefully we won't need to use it. The new school are aware of some of ks difficulites as we submitted reports when applying for a place.

I can worry a little less for now.

best wishes

sarni :)