Karen A

Proud mum and dad.

Hi All.

I thought I would post to let you know how Ben's first year at secondary school went.

He is at a mainstream comprehensive.

For those who do not know us we have worked very hard over the last few years through some difficult times.

We got Ben's report yesterday.I have read it three times and am still on cloud nine. :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::thumbs:

He has done extremely well.

He is doing very well academically.He had only one comment about being challenging in maths.Otherwise he is extremely well behaved.There were a host of other positive comments...connscientious and reflective learner,asset to the class,a very talented musician,quiet,hardworking and conscientous student,a quiet achiever....I will shut up now. :devil:

There were several comments about presentation needing some work,a few about how Ben prefers to work alone and how he could develop his confidence in presenting work to the class and in group work........I think they forgett he has AS and dyspraxia. :D

But for a lad who was hiding under tables and working alone at a workstation a few years ago.Who only started to use handwriting rather than an alphasmart just over a year ago that is pretty good going.

Ben also won the HT award for his class for this term for effort and achivement.

He won a special award from the year head for the pupil most likely to become an author too.

Home life can still be very hard work.However I think perhaps Ben puts in an awful lot of work at school and feels hecan be himself at home.....quiet......no. :lol::lol:

Karen.

Hi All.

I thought I would post to let you know how Ben's first year at secondary school went.

He is at a mainstream comprehensive.

For those who do not know us we have worked very hard over the last few years through some difficult times.

We got Ben's report yesterday.I have read it three times and am still on cloud nine. :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::thumbs:

He has done extremely well.

He is doing very well academically.He had only one comment about being challenging in maths.Otherwise he is extremely well behaved.There were a host of other positive comments...connscientious and reflective learner,asset to the class,a very talented musician,quiet,hardworking and conscientous student,a quiet achiever....I will shut up now. :devil:

There were several comments about presentation needing some work,a few about how Ben prefers to work alone and how he could develop his confidence in presenting work to the class and in group work........I think they forgett he has AS and dyspraxia. :D

But for a lad who was hiding under tables and working alone at a workstation a few years ago.Who only started to use handwriting rather than an alphasmart just over a year ago that is pretty good going.

Ben also won the HT award for his class for this term for effort and achivement.

He won a special award from the year head for the pupil most likely to become an author too.

Home life can still be very hard work.However I think perhaps Ben puts in an awful lot of work at school and feels hecan be himself at home.....quiet......no. :lol::lol:

Karen.

:thumbs: :thumbs: : :notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Congratulations to Ben (and you!).

My son is a couple of years younger than Ben, and following pretty similar lines e behaviour etc, so I shall hope that in two years time I shall be reading similar coments :thumbs:

:first::clap: :clap: :clap::notworthy: :notworthy: Well done Ben and Ben's parents. :D

quiet ...

... I will shut up now. :devil:

So he takes after his Dad then? :P:whistle::devil:

WOW Karen I am so pleased for you >:D<<'> Well done Ben :thumbs::notworthy:

Your post has brought tears to my eyes because from all your posts on Ben I see so much of Sam,it has given me so much hope,thank you :)

As for the maths,my 9 year old (NT)got a similar comment to Ben's,apparently he talks too much and distarcts others :lol: He is still above average and I think its boredom more than anything else :whistle:

Thanks all. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

My head will come down to size soon........nothing like a few days of school hols to bring some reality and humility to the situation. :rolleyes::lol:

Karen.

:thumbs: fab news for you Karen , you have every right to be chuffed to bits :thumbs: , My son also changed once at high school and is still continuing to thrive :whistle: ........(well compared to primary school anyway)....well done Ben >:D<<'>

That's fantastic news! :thumbs:

Think the lad deserves a round of applause :clap::clap:

(and if he's anything like my boy he'll be demanding some kind of monetary reward for his achievement! :rolleyes: )

K x

Thats great news wtg ben!

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thanks all.

There are a few people here that I should really be buying a glass or two of wine for. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Karen.