JeanneA

Mental Health Assessment update

Hi just to update you, if you remember that is. My son Glen 16, has been waiting for a mental health assessment for some time now. After a meeting today, Glen is going to be referred next week to the Prudhoe Hospital in Northumberland. He will be an in-patient there and looks like it will be October before he will be able to go. I have an appointment with the psychiatrist who is referring Glen, on August 24th so I will try and find out more details then like how long Glen would have to be there for. From where we live Northumberland is a 6 hour drive so not much different than if he were going to Scotland, as was proposed before but was found unsuitable.

So part of me is pleased that somewhere has been found but part of me is concerned about how far it is and how long Glen would be away for.

Hi, not great at the moment, Glen had seemed much happier and less anxious on his medication of risperidone and prozac, I really thought they were helping him, however the past couple of weeks, he has become much more anxious and less happy again, just can't work out why. Hope he settles down as the summer hols progress.

Hope you have a successful meeting with the physc, is Glenn still refusing to go out and lying on the settee with the curtains drawn or have things got better since the meds........I know you felt he was very depressed and anxious, hope your all o.k., suzex

i hope glen finds some relief from his mental health problems soon. Mine can be controlled with b50s or taurine or 5htp.

Glen doesn't close the downstairs curtains anymore but he does close his bedroom ones mid afternoon, which as its his bedroom I don't mind. He doesn't lay down anymore either during the day which is good. However after seeming less anxious and more happier on meds he is definitely more anxious and looks very unhappy over the last couple of weeks. It may be the fact that School were winding down before the hols as Glen likes routing, likes everything to be the same so it could have affected him. Now of course its one week in of the holiday and he may be finding it difficult in adjusting to the routine of the holiday. Time will tell I guess.

Glen doesn't close the downstairs curtains anymore but he does close his bedroom ones mid afternoon, which as its his bedroom I don't mind. He doesn't lay down anymore either during the day which is good. However after seeming less anxious and more happier on meds he is definitely more anxious and looks very unhappy over the last couple of weeks. It may be the fact that School were winding down before the hols as Glen likes routing, likes everything to be the same so it could have affected him. Now of course its one week in of the holiday and he may be finding it difficult in adjusting to the routine of the holiday. Time will tell I guess.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I hope things are more settled over the holiday.

Karen.

Thanks Karen just take a quick look and noticed that the person's daughter was away 6 weeks initially and came home at weekends. As it is a 6 hour drive from here, we wouldn't be able to get Glen home every weekend. So I will have to look into this when I have my appointment with the psychiatrist in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Karen just take a quick look and noticed that the person's daughter was away 6 weeks initially and came home at weekends. As it is a 6 hour drive from here, we wouldn't be able to get Glen home every weekend. So I will have to look into this when I have my appointment with the psychiatrist in a couple of weeks.

You could always try a pm and see if the person on the thread is still around . :)

Karen.

just read the thread re mandys daughter and wondered how she is getting on , we need some inspiration here!

HI Lisa I've had a PM from Mandy and her daughter is getting on fine, she praised the assessment at the Prudhoe hospital and thinks it is a fantastic place, so that sounds very promising, put my mind at rest.

HI Lisa I've had a PM from Mandy and her daughter is getting on fine, she praised the assessment at the Prudhoe hospital and thinks it is a fantastic place, so that sounds very promising, put my mind at rest.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I feel better now.

My elder son brought the homephone handset out to me in the front garden on Wedensday when I was watering the garden.

I realised yesterday afternoon that when I had finished taking the call I put the handset on the car roof.

It was either stolen or fell off the car roof somewhere in the district when I used the car later.

I spent last night in a panic that someone had used the remainder of the battery life up on premium rate calls off the base station within range of the house before I realised what had happened yesterday which I now know has not happened.

However I am feeling pretty stupid this morning.....so it is good to know I am useful for something. :lol::lol::lol: