lisac

getting out the house

Hi all , i am in London and find it quite lonely going out and about with my 23 yr old autistic son. So far i havent come across any organisations that organise or arrange days out i.e parks, cafe , attractions visits, anything really. I am looking for likeminded people to meet up with to get out and about with. Does anyone know of anywhere that arranges things like this ? Thanks

I feel for you, I need the same thing. My lad is 16, but we don't live in London or I'd come out with you! My lad has no friends and it's a nightmare finding things to do with him at the moment, he doesn't want to go anywhere or do anything. I took him swimming today, but we'd only been in for a few seconds when he started fixating on his goggles and he stood at the side of the pool scowling whilst everyone around us was laughing and having fun. I could have cried .... well, I did actually!

It's so hard when they're older isn't it. Everyone expects that they should be out and about on their own or with friends getting stuck in and making a life for themselves. For those, like ours, who can't, they're stuck at home with no-one to see and nothing to do and nobody seems to care.

Here's a hug from someone who very much understands. >:D<<'> :tearful:

~ Mel ~

I would have thought someone ie. NAS, would have organised the equivalent of a "Mother and Toddlers group." Somewhere to take the kids,or teenagers and adults, leaving the mums to chat amongst themselves or go somwhere nearby for a meal, walk in the park etc.

I would have thought someone ie. NAS, would have organised the equivalent of a "Mother and Toddlers group." Somewhere to take the kids,or teenagers and adults, leaving the mums to chat amongst themselves or go somwhere nearby for a meal, walk in the park etc.

Nope, never heard of such a thing. We're alone with it and that's that.

~ Mel ~