Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

how much do they say you should lose in a week?

how much do they say they advice or predict you should lose a week on average ? is it 1 pound as i lost 2 pounds in a week!!! woop woop i go gym everyday i walk to work which takes me 30-4o mins from my house and i walk from work to the gym .... anyone had /has obsession with the gym that has gone too far turned extreme or unhealthy like to hear from you guys personally please?!

XKLX

They say no more 2lbs a week, you also have to take into consideration when working out in the gym as muscle weighs more than fat, so you could be toning up and not really loosing any weight, everyone is also different and it goes by your matablism, if it is fast or slow, by the sounds of it you could have a slow matablism.

JsMumx

It really depends on where you're starting from, but it's generally OK to lose two to three pounds a week. Any more than that and you're going to put it back on as soon as you eat normally. Do you do a slimming club? They are a good way of getting all your questions answered.

Edited by call me jaded

no i don't go slim club due my social anx barriers .... my BMI is coming down and so is my weight too the exrcise supposebly suppose to help speed up my metabolism my sister and brother got fast one just me and my mum must have slow ones so unfair! they eat loadz n never put on weight they skinny as anything grrr... makes me mad .... !!!

I've read in many places that aiming around 1% body weight is a safe sustainable weightloss. I'm around 211lbs so a safe loss for me would probably around 2-2.5lbs a week :lol: