Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

keyways letter came through post

today thrlough post recived a letter from council about keyways application i sent off my needs listed on application form i applied for online i been placed in is band D i think this lowest band on low end of scale? as i'm not homeless as live with my parents i not pregnant ... i know you can bid online for properties as they match your needs do they write to you also as bit confused how it all works and what happens if bid on falt and successful i put on application form i have A.S , MH probs and need help daily living budgetting skills tick boxes so would someone come out to assess my needs further ask more questions or because i'm linked with NAS they won't need to bother asking? when do i know i'm reaching top of waiting list and how does waiting list system work? how long could i be waiting?

any one give more information insight??? to explain further?

XKLX

Hi

I am on a waiting list,also band D (its the lowest) I have been for one year and one month.How long you on the list depends on your band and the county you live in really. Where I am now it can be as long as 6 years :o However,as you looking for something just for you I am sure it won't be that long, likely 1-3 years.

You can be declared homeless if your parents write to them and say they cannot cope and you have to move out, I know that sounds horrible but depends on how much/soon you want to move.If you move to band B or C the waiting is reduced greatly to 6 months- a year. My ex is declared as homeless even though he has a flat he is renting privately he has my son with him and the property is not suitable. Homeless does'nt mean you on the street just that where you are is not suitable in the long term ,so you may want to explore this option.You can also get your social worker to write to them.

If they offer you something and you not quite ready you can just let them know.I personally think its better for you to push to change your band,because even on the top band there is still a wait. When I was in a refuge,homeless, I still had a 6 month wait and I was pregnant with three kids as well,so its better to be on the higher band.

i had my care manager rang me up but always get confyused how this works as don't know how behind it ( NAS , council etc) .... but i thought put myself on housing list as but by time on comes through fingers crossed i'll be a level/stage where i am ready enough to 'stand on my own feet' be independant! as work together alot of times council etc! i havn't got social worker never had one!

XKLX

You should have been given log-on details. If you go onto the site, there will be explanations of how it works. It usually goes by your housing needs first (=band) and then by how long you have been on that band. On our local site, you can click on "recent lets" and it tells you what houses/flats have been recently won and by who, so you can see if any Band D people have won a flat.

When we log on, it tells us what properties we are eligible to bid for.

As someone else said, if your parents decided to "evict" you, you would automatically be moved up to a higher Band. Useful to remember for when you do feel ready to move out.

i've been on the keyways website to try make sense of the letter must doesn't help explain things make things less confusing or clearer i did though notice it come up with number of properties which are eligible for me to bid for .... my parents did do this for my sister and my auntie and uncle have done the 'evict' sutuation but my cousin is pregnant so this highers her badn she wans't waiting hardly any time at all as seen emergency then!