Sign in to follow this  
Paula

Been a long time

Hi

Its been a long time since i posted and i dont know if anyone will remember me and my son.Hes 17 and left school last year to cut a long story short he didnt attend college because it wasnt the right place for him lack of support,big enviroment after attending a special schoolfor all his education.

Anyway things are going well.Hes now invovled with a scheme called Engage Green .....they do stuff like tree felling,path building,fence makeing .dry stone walling plus manual handling certificate and first aid course......also they go on some residential breaks doing stuff in the country side and they have links with other training providers...........hes realy enjoying it .Its a small group no more than 12 kids they aint all with a learning disability bedcause the course isnt exclusively for a certaine type of young person.

My sons realy realy come on sincel leaving school its amazeing.Hes gained loads of confidence can travel independantly to places he knows ...we recently got him a concesionary bus pass which makes it easier for him as theres no cost invovled.Hes still got issues but im confident things are going to go from strenth to strenth.

Just wanted to let people know that there is life after school and it can be realy positive.

Paula

Remember you??.......lol :thumbs: ...great to hear from you it sounds like things are going well... so pleased >:D<<'> >:D<<'> hope your ok too >:D<<'>

Hi so good to hear something positive. Sounds like leaving school was the best thing that could have happened to your son!

Hi Paula

Lovely to see you back here again, and it is really good to hear that things are going so well after all the trials and tribulations that you have been through.

Simon

Is he 17 already??? :o

Good to see you back and to hear how well your son's doing after all the battles you had.. :thumbs: How did you find out about this scheme?

K x

Im happy with the scheme its taken a long time to find something he wanted to do and was hands on instead of academicaly based........

Im feeling a lot better in myself .........its been hard and i still.... well we still have days where you think "why cant things be normal" but there not ,and so were makeing the best of it.We got a dog ,a rescue dog nearly 12 months ago and thats helped my son a lot hes a lot calmer ,hes got a doggy freind now.

A few months ago things werent going well and wed to get the social workers invovled but that turned out to be a realy good thing........the social worker did a report and it made me stop and think.........basicaly the social worker said i was to fussy and that i needed to let my son have more freedom if he wanted it ,that he was capable of doing more stuff than i allowed him to, that i was doing to much for him and no wonder i was stressed and my son frustrated.........at first i thought what do you know............but after id slept on it and mulled it over and thote i began to realise he had a point.I started letting my son do more stuff on his own, if he wanted to, i realised i didnt have to be there all the time ,i took the pressure of myself and fealt better for it.

Ive recently got myself a job..........not much just 1 day a week........i havent worked for 20 years.

My son now request a bath !!!!!!!! and sometimes actually puts deodarant on without a battle...........lol........

Were getting there............

Hi Paula

I remember you!

This is brilliant to hear - thank you for sharing it. No doubt you'll have ups and downs, but there's obviously an overall upward trend that gives us all hope :thumbs:

Well done to you both :notworthy:>:D<<'>