Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

sleep /eating issues worse help please!

my sleep problems/issues seem to be increasing getting worse bad i seem to be tossing and turning alot more seem to unsettled and even taking dangerous risks getting desperate trying to get some rest last night took one of my mum's strong painkillers felt sick dizzy so had to have the day off work i rang in sick i couldn't stop shaking or stand up being wobbly so spent most day in bed sleep watching TV just so tired at breaking point kept crying all time today and my eating patterns gone downhill eating hardly anything each day but exercising loads! got several situations which heightened my anxiety levels .... don't know that connected just so deeply low ...

if i went doctors as i'm young adult and asked for prescription for melatonin would they think about it or write it off completely as normally for kids just so annoying frustrating!? anyone have anymore information/details on this please?

XKLX

Melatonin is not "usually for kids" - in fact it is only licenced for adult use, which is why it is so difficult to get a prescription for children out of a GP.

It's definitely worth talking to yor doctor about your sleep issues and see what they say. They definitely should not dismiss you, although they may suggest relaxaion techniques or other sleep therapy before medication

what is your evening routine like?

Do you exercise before you get ready for bed?

Are you eating before bedtime?

Melatonin will only help you get off to sleep, it wont Keep you asleep, you may wake up later in the early hours with melatonin.

You need to find out what the root cause is of your sleeping issues.

I find if I can not sleep I read a book, or listen to music, take a bath, I dont stress anymore I cant sleep because that just causes you to not be in a state where you could fall asleep.

Taking other peoples prescribed painkiller can defo be dangerous because the GP will need to avaluate your personal, individal medical notes, its sounds like the dose may of been too high, your mum probably started on a lower dose and slowing increased, it may be that you took the higher dose with no gradual increase hence you reacted to the drug, I would urge you not to do that ever again and defo see your GP and request melatonin, and maybe a sleep clinic, and proper support for a better sleeping routine and pattern.

Make an appointment with your GP and have a proper assessment for you.

JsMumx