Sign in to follow this  
diagnoseme

hi I've just joined

I really wish I could get a diagnosis. I hate been the only aspergers/autistic person with out one.

I've had alot of hell threw my life for been different. Too much to post here.

Also my family won't except there is anything wrong with me.

Hello, and welcome to the forum :)

You are certainly not the only person seeking a diagnosis!

Have you talked to anyone about it so far?

as other posters check out the NAS and ask them to send an imformation pack.The pack is quite thick and trys to cover all corners so take your time.The next hurdle is the gp and nhs as their awareness of the subject is minimal except for the extreme poles of asdi.e their simplistic definition of autisim and aspergers.Take your time and examine the many symptoms of asd ,but pay particular attention to the physical and behavioural symptoms.While waiting for the tortoise nhs to help,if they can you could learn a lot about yourself and asd symptomsBUT REMEMBER many of the symptoms of asd are so wide they can cover a multitude of illness/disabilities so keep an open mind.If you are under 25 yrs approx I would be very carefull about diagnosing yourself and if you think you have strong indications of asd then spend sometime discussing it with your family as they are crucial to you understanding your perceived illness/disabi;lity.Take it very slowly.

I have phoned the Austism helpline. They have sent me loads of stuff. I have seen my GP and she refused to refure me. Then I complained the the site manager and then she refured me to the mental health team. Almost a fortnight ago I had this assesment where I was asked loads of weird questions and got tested on my numarcy skills and memory.

I don't know what is going to happen now.

My family have never been able to cope with me and have always been nasty to me about been young for my age.

I also got very badly bullied at school and college.

As for the question about age I'm 25.