Tally

ASD And Driving

Thanks for posting these links.

It is helpful to see this in black and white from the government.

But, who is to say if or how ASD affects someones driving more than any other aspect of them selves. Maybe not the person themselves.

And its just as possible that it could affect your driving in a positive way. (Not bending the rules)

I would take it to mean that unless some negative official comment has been made about driving and if you think your OK to drive then no need to say anything to anyone.

Hmmmm...

I wonder if some bright spark insurance company will eventually cotton on to the potential exploitation loop-hole: How do you know if autism effects your driving?, so just in, case regardless of what DVLA says, you have to declare it to us and we have a 'just in case' premium that gets added on... And if you don't declare and you have an accident your cover will be N&V...

Hopefully, the international courts would step in to stop that happening because it's discriminatory on assumption rather than evidence (like women driver's paying less that recently got sh!t-canned and ended up - surprise surprise - with across the board price rises rather than just for those affected by the legislation :rolleyes::shame: ) but I'll bet any money you like if someone hasn't already thought of it they soon will, and they'll run with it until they're categorically told it's a no-no. :angry:

insurance people - i wouldn't give you a bucket of Sh tripe for the lot of 'em. Naghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:D

Insurance companies are already forbidden to charge extra due to a declarable condition. I can't see them being allowed to do so for something you do not need to declare.

I would think that if there are any concerns over your driving, they would come up when you are learning and an instructor would tell you. Even if you learned with a friend it should be picked up on your test, especially now that they are becoming increasingly stringent.