Does a dogs lips move when it reads?

I think other people get annoyed with me more than I get annoyed by them. No, I don't think Asperger's is a good excuse for getting annoyed with people.

Do people with asperger's syndrome get annoyed with people?

YES!!!!!

Does a dogs lips move when it reads?

Mine dog's do - but only when he reads Shakespeare :lol:

Okay, can people with asperger's syndrome get more annoyed with people rather than people without aspergers syndrome?

This topic really amused me - I am not being patronising, it just made me smile :D

I think that this is an impossible question, because you'd have to ask everyone in the world and you'd still get different answers... There are so many people you see, and so many conditions that those people have - whether "normal" or not...

An example

I have been diagnosed with AS, my older brother has not, I have never met anyone who looks scarier or angrier than him when he's annoyed - he attacks, destroys, frightens, burns, screams - you name it he does it basically.

Here's the thing... How do you measure it? When I'm annoyed with people I wish I could destroy the world, which is what my brother tries to do, but just because he reacts when most of the time I don't, does that mean that I'm any less annoyed with people than him?

Maybe he has AS too, maybe not, but my point is that annoyance and other emotions are pretty subjective, you can try and compare but its pretty hard to measure.

You could say that someone with MH problems gets more annoyed, or people with other disorders get more annoyed with people than them etc... I think it is a personal thing... I think it has as much to do with the individual as anything else.

Also events that happen can alter annoyance too.

:P

I often get annoyed with people who seem very stupid. When I get annoyed I just tune them out - don't look at them and sort of hum in my head.

I often get annoyed with people who seem very stupid. When I get annoyed I just tune them out - don't look at them and sort of hum in my head.

I do too, I suppose to hum in your head is a coping mechanism

I think this is a 'per person' thing rather than something someone ASD/NT may or may not do. People, ASD or NT, have different tolerance levels - what I might find acceptable, another might find really annoying.

Lynne

One thing I have noticed is that now at my advanced age ;) I sometimes find myself in situations where I know that when I was younger I would have been overcome with panicky anger, or outraged by some perceived injustice (was always big on that one!), or absolutely furious with myself...but now it's almost as though those emotions are under a layer of cotton wool and it's easier to think 'meh'...

Don't know if that makes sense, and whether it's just a normal side-effect of getting older, or whether I am slowwwlllyyy getting better at balancing my reactions/emotions? :lol:

Bid :)

People get annoyed with people anyway ,aspergers'asd or not.History is a rich source of pogroms and wars and thats probably why people have a tendency as they age to 'settle down' with a few good freinds and a few cats and dogs .Many people with ASD's get on better with animals than people and I think this is because of the overcompensation on emotional communication due to the fustration and use and abuse of language and speech.

It would be easier to teach your dog to read shakespheare than educate the NHS about Asd's.

p.s why do they keep putting Sailsbury hill on my tag and norfolk broads?

Edited by philipo