Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Another Interview

I've got a job interview tomorrow!

It's for a supervisor position in a health food shop. It's a chain store, but a very small shop.

I don't think it's really about managing other staff because I've never seen more than 2 staff working there at any one time. I think it's more about responsibility for things like locking up, cashing up, that kind of thing. Which I have done in my previous job when I had to work one day per week all by myself. If I remember rightly, the Sunday shift is exactly this. There might be a bit of being the senior person in the shop, giving instruction during the working day, but I don't think I would be allocating time off or taking that level of responsibility for other staff.

So it sounds like exactly the kind of thing I could do well. Now I just have to convince them of that!

Best of luck! Sounds like a good job x

Thank you everyone!

It seemed to go really well :)

It is a "key-holding position," where I would be working Sundays all by myself and then 2 other days in the week just as a normal shop assistant. So it's not really a supervisor in the usual sense, really just a recognition of the extra responsibility and a little extra pay to go with it. The manager who interviewed me seems nice and she showed me the training manuals and they look really interesting.

They just said they will let me know. They only phoned me yesterday and I arranged the interview for today, so they probably have other interviews to do still.

I'm sure it's the last thing on your mind at the moment, Tally, but I'm very pleased for you about the job. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~