Sign in to follow this  
kirstie

We had a haircut!!

Hey Guess what, We've only gone and done it!!!!!!!!!!!! :band:

Lewis was extremely phobic of the hairdressers for almost 2 years now, after the last Barber told him, "Stay still now, or i might cut your ear off..." with a snigger thinking he was being hilarious .... :angry: As you can all no doubt imagine this sent my son, coupled with the sensory thing to boot into total meltdown, and needless to say has never gone near a Barber since (the poor mite made me hide the scissors that day!! :tearful: )

well, i bought him a little power ranger action figure thingy today, a little blackmail you understand , as he was due to visit his new language unit and i wanted him to co-operate. I slipped in the "Why don't we go for a haircut first and then you can open your present?" to my utter astonishment he agreed!!!!! :thumbs:

He did talk incesantly about teradactyls and the like and said his tummy felt funny but he was a little star and voila, we have found Lewis under all of that hair ( Am no good at cutting hair while he's asleep i have to say!!)

I just had to share it with you all as i didn't think he would ever darken the door of another Barbers shop again! :cheers:

Take care

Love Kirstie. :wub:

Whaaaa my 11 yr old aspy and 4 year old autistic boy are totally hairwash, haircut, hairbrush phobic.

My daughters hair is cultivating new species i swear, and my son has to be pinned like a sheep and sheared LOL.

My friend Carols little boy Scott just had his first proper little boys haircut, short back and sides - took 3 of us, myself, my boyfriend and Carol :lol:

By the time we had finished we were all sweating and nervous wrecks, and Scotty crashed out from pure exhaustion - I sure hope that boys hair doesnt grow quickly - phew!

Hi Kirstie,

congrats :clap: on getting his hair cut :thumbs:

My son hates getting his hair cut, but at least he will tolerate it just! He sits in the chair, with his body so stiff, that he makes the hairdresser nervous!

Tizz

Congratulations!

Getting either of our two autistic boys into a hairdresseer has proved impossible, and been a complete disaster whenever we have tried.

Well done for managing it with Lewis, I bet he looks really smart now!

Simon

My son was impossible, a haircut usually took about 3 hours of screaming, he wouldn't even walk in a hair dressers before, but I found a almost local barber shop, explained the situation to the girls in there and she was brilliant with him, only took her 20 minutes the first time and has took less time since, he does get a motivator/bribe of either the library or something else he wants to do afterwards but we got it done. I just pray she never ever changes jobs :pray:

Edited by lil_me

My son had his annual shearing at the weekend - we chase him around the kitchen with a pair of clippers. We are fortunate that he has very curly hair.

My non verbal child has managed to tell school that we did it on Sunday, which is nice because now I know for sure that he understands the days of the week.

oh fantastic, tom had an experience like that a barber actually did cut his ear, but this one is brilliant he lets him choose his haricut and weather he wants clippers or not!